ACADEMIC MANAGEMENT AND ADMISSION DIVISION
The Academic Management and Admission Division (AMAD) was formerly known as Admissions and Records Division (A&R). The change took effect after its new section named as Academic Development and Quality Compliance (ADQC) was established on 30th September 2011. The ADQC serves as a Secretariat to the University Senate Meetings and other Senate Sub-Committee meetings; and plays the role as an advisor for the University policies. Other main functions of ADQC are:
- To organize Senate Meeting, Post Senate Meeting, Accreditation Board Meeting and the Graduation and Awards (Undergraduate) Meeting
- To advise the Kulliyyah/School/Faculty/Institute/Centre in the preparation of proposals for new programmes, and review of existing programmes, especially with regard Malaysian Quality Framework
- To facilitate the documentation of new or reviewed programme proposals prior to their submission to the Senate
- To ensure all academic programmes meet the standard of the Malaysian Qualifications Framework (MQF) and relevant professional bodies
- To ensure that documentation complies with the requirements of Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA) and/or Jabatan Pengajian Tinggi (JPT)
The admission of students is dealt with by another section of AMAD i.e. Admission section. It serves as the first point of access to the University for new students as well as the general public. Students may apply on-line or in person at the AMAD office counter. The section actively participates in the local promotion of the University. It involves in the Karnival Pengajian Tinggi Negara (KPTN) every year and also conducts promotional talks at secondary schools such as Sekolah Berprestasi Tinggi (SBT) and schools within 50km of the University as part of its Community Service Responsibility (CSR). The section also handles course registrations, change of offer and programmes, examination and graduation requirements.
AMAD aims to excel in managing undergraduates academic activities responding to the diverse educational needs of the Muslim Ummah. It also collaborates with the Kulliyyahs and academic centres, and is actively involved in planning, implementing and monitoring academic policies and procedures of the University.
AMAD is committed to excellence and innovation in the management of academic administration activities by internalizing the spirit of the Garden of Knowledge and Virtue. As part of this commitment, AMAD is dedicated to support student-centered learning environment, and values its constituency and the diversity of the ideas, contributions and achievements.
Know more about us: