The Academic Management and Admission Division (AMAD) was formerly known as Admissions and Records Division (A&R). The change took effect after its new section named as Academic Development and Quality Compliance (ADQC) was established on 30th September 2011. The ADQC serves as the Secretariat to the University Senate Meetings and other Senate Sub-Committee meetings; and plays the role as an advisor on the University policies. ADQC is also responsible for:
- Organizing Senate Meeting, Post Senate Meeting, Accreditation Board Meeting and the Graduation and Awards (Undergraduate) Meeting
- Advising the Kulliyyah/School/Faculty/Institute/Centre in the preparation of proposals for new programmes, and review of existing programmes, especially with regard Malaysian Quality Framework
- Facilitating the documentation of new or reviewed programme proposals prior to their submission to the Senate
- Ensuring all academic programmes meet the standard of the Malaysian Qualifications Framework (MQF) and relevant professional bodies
- Ensuring that documentation complies with the requirements of Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA) and/or Jabatan Pengajian Tinggi (JPT)
The undergraduate student is dealt with by another section of AMAD i.e. Admission & Records Section. It serves as the first point of access to the University for new students as well as the general public. Students may apply on-line or in person at the AMAD office counter. Participates in the local promotion of the University. It involves in the Karnival Pengajian Tinggi Negara (KPTN) every year and also conducts promotional talks at secondary schools such as Sekolah Berprestasi Tinggi (SBT) and schools within 50km of the University as part of its Community Service Responsibility (CSR). The section also handles course registration, change of offer and programme, examination and graduation requirements.
AMAD aims to excel in managing undergraduate academic activities responding to the diverse educational needs of the Muslim Ummah. It collaborates with the Kulliyyahs and academic centres, and is actively involved in planning, implementing and monitoring academic policies and procedures of the University.
AMAD is committed to excellence and innovation in the management of academic administration activities by internalizing the spirit of the Garden of Knowledge and Virtue. As part of this commitment, AMAD is dedicated to support student-centered learning environment, and values its constituency and the diversity of the ideas, contributions and achievements.