CELPAD operates based on two main sectors:
- Maintains the teaching and learning operations
- Operates over all instructional domains and all divisions
- Divided into 5 units
CELPAD has four divisions and each offering courses in proficiency and language for academic and occupational purposes.
Each of the four divisions/units of CELPAD administers its own purpose-written placement test for all students entering the IIUM. According to test results, students are either placed in one of the pre-sessional courses or at the LAP (Language for Academic Purposes) level at which point they are allowed to pursue their Faculty Studies.
CUDMAMPU (Curriculum Development Management and Materials Production)
- To provide effective curricula to meet the linguistic demands of the respective disciplines.
POTLEN (Peer Observation and Teaching/Learning Evaluation)
- To maintain and upgrade professional teaching standards within the centre.
TDU (Teacher Development Unit)
- To fulfill the training needs of the teaching staff.
TEMU (Testing and Measurement)
- To monitor, administer and develop the English and Arabic Placement Tests.
SNECU (Special Needs Course Unit)
- To cater for students with special needs.
EDUCALL (Education and Computer Assisted Language Learning)
- To provide multimedia facilities and trainings for language teaching and learning.
CELPAD Independent Language Learning Center (CILLC)
- To provide teachers and students with the best educational resources in language education