Department of Architecture & Environmental Design (AED)
The Department of Architecture and Environmental Design at CFSIIUM is one of the various programmes under the Department of Science Programmes in CFS. The Architecture and Environmental Design department was initiated in May 1997 with a total intake of only 50 students and with only 2 studios. Currently, there are 11 active studios and 21 groups to cater for 360 students taking studio subjects.
- Primary aim is to generate Islamic professionals, both with academic and spiritual excellence.
- To instill and inculcate the Islamization of knowledge in its programme.
- Serves as a foundation to its associated departments at the Kulliyah of Architecture and Environmental Design.
- Graphic Communication 1 (AED1016),
- Graphic Communication 2 (AED1026),
- Environmental Design (AED1126),
- Introduction to Mathematics for Built Environment (AED1212),
- Introduction to Economics for Built Environment (AED1312),
- Introduction to Built Environment (AED1313) and
- Introduction to Statistics for Built Environment (AED1222).