INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION
COMMON FREQUENTLY ASK QUESTIONS FOR STUDENTS
Q: How can I get the password to access ICT facilities such as WiFi, i-Ta’leem, i-Ma’luum, etc?
A: You need to activate the temporary pin number that was given to you when you enrolled/registered. You can activate your pin number at the following website:
For Undergraduate - http://prereg.iium.edu.my/pinno
In the activation process, you have to set your own personal password. For PG students, you have to update your biodata first before activating your pin number. You can update your biodata at the following website:
Students’ matric numbers and activated pin numbers will be used to access most of the systems and applications in IIUM. Therefore, the first thing that you must do is to activate your temporary pin numbers.
Q: How do I get WiFi services?
A: For students, connect to the IIUM-Student WiFi network, open Chrome or FireFox and key in your username and password. Your username is your matric number and password is your own personal password which you have set when you activated your pin number.
Q: What if I could not connect to the WiFi service?
A: Go to http://imaluum.iium.edu.my and click on “Login Problem?” link at the top right menu. Key in your matric number and password and then click on “Check” and then “Update”.
Q: Do students get an IIUM e-mail address?
A: Yes, registered students will get an IIUM e-mail address. All students will be assigned an IIUM Live e-mail address in the following format:
To check your IIUM e-mail address, login into i-Maluum (http://imaluum.iium.edu.my), then click on your photo at the top right corner, and then click on the “Profile” button. Here you will see your live IIUM e-mail address.
Q: Do students get Microsoft Office for free?
A: Yes, registered students are eligible to download and install Microsoft Office 2016 for free, for up to 5 devices. To download, first you must activate your IIUM live e-mail. Follow these steps:
1. Go to http://portal.office.com
2. Key in your username (your full IIUM live e-mail address)
3. Key in your password - for first time login, the password is
Students who activate their IIUM Live e-mail account will get Microsoft Office for free. Students can download Office 2016 and install it on their computers. In addition students will also get 1TB of free space on the OneDrive online storage.
Q: Do students get other software for free?
A: Yes, IIUM students are eligible to download and install GENUINE copies of Microsoft software and developer tools for FREE from the Microsoft Developer Network Academic Alliance (MSDNAA) / Microsoft Imagine.
Q: How do I get access to MSDNAA/Microsoft Imagine?
A: After you have activated your IIUM Live e-mail address, you will receive an e-mail from Microsoft Imagine, which will give you instructions on how to activate your account.
Q: What software are available for download?
A: Some of the software available are:
· Windows 8.1
· Windows 10
· Microsoft Project
· Microsoft Visio
· Microsoft Access
· Microsoft OneNote
· Microsoft Visual Studio
· and many more
Q: Where can I go if I need help with the ICT facilities in IIUM?
A: ITD provides a one-stop ICT Services Help Desk located at the ground floor of the ITD Office. The ICT Services Help Desk provides a central point of contact for IIUM staff and students to report all IT problems, queries and service requests associated with the services provided by ITD.
|Monday – Thursday:||8.00 am – 1.00 pm||2.00 pm – 5.00 pm|
|Friday:||8.00 am – 12.15 pm||2.45 pm – 5.00 pm|
|Saturday - Sunday||CLOSED||CLOSED|
Q: Is there any other way to get help from ITD?
A: Yes, ITD provides a mobile app called i-Service Desk System (i-SDS) which you can download from Google Play store (search for Official IIUM). You can use this mobile app to submit requests, complaints, and incident reports to ITD.
Q: What are your contact details?
A: You can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 03-6196-6666
User IDs & Passwords
Students use their matric numbers as User IDs. Students will be given a temporary 6 digit PIN as their password.
- This 6 digit PIN must be activated and changed to a new password prior to further usage of students’ online services. (applicable for Main campus and CFS only).
- Kuantan campus shall maintain the use of 6 digit PIN.
- The pin can be activated via the following ways:
- MyIIUM Portal (http://my.iium.edu.my)
- IIUM Website Student Resources
If you have forgotten your password; please go to AMAD (for UG) or CPS
(for PG) to get a new temporary 6 digit PIN and repeat the activation
For INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ONLY please go to INSAN.
- Staff use the same User IDs and Passwords as their IIUM E-mail accounts to access almost all systems and applications in IIUM (for new staff, see the E-mail section on how to request for IIUM E-mail account).
- For academic staff, access to academic systems such as CAM Entry and Results Entry require a different set of User ID and Password, which you have to request formally through your Kulliyyahs.
- The passwords to access academic systems have to be changed every 6 months for security reasons.
- If you have forgotten your IIUM E-mail password, please refer to the following manual on how to reset your e-mail password.
Students will be given a Live@Edu e-mail accounts 2 weeks after registration. This e-mail account has to be activated before you can use it. To activate the e-mail account, follow the following steps:
|1.||Check your default e-mail address by logging into the MyIIUM Portal (my.iium.edu.my).|
|2.||Click on the MyPersonal tab.|
|3.||In the Personal Information menu on the left hand side, click on Contact Information|
|4.||You will see your default IIUM e-mail address in the form of email@example.com|
|5.||Open your browser and go to http://office.com|
|6.||Login using as User ID your full live@edu e-mail address and as password, use: iium< IC number> or iium|
|Once logged in, you are required to change your password.|
- All IIUM staff must ensure that they have acquired the University email account. The current practice requires staff to apply for the IIUM email account online via our online application.
- Consistent accessing and managing the University email is very important to ensure all University announcements are communicated to the staff.
- An IIUM staff is only valid for only ONE EMAIL ACCOUNT. You are not allowed to have more than 1 account.
- To know more and to apply for IIUM email account, please go to http://www2.iium.edu.my/itd/gmail
Follow the steps below to activate your account. After you have activated your account, you can access the Office 365 website to download software.
Some of the software available are Microsoft Office 365 for Education and OneDrive online storage of 1TB.
Microsoft Visual Studio
IIUM staff are eligible to download and install GENUINE copies of Microsoft software and developer tools for FREE from the Office 365 : Microsoft software for teaching, learning and research.
Self-Service i-Service Desk System
Self-service i-Service Desk System(http://servicedesk.iium.edu.my/portal.php) - for staff, students, alumni and the public to report any ICT service faults or to request for ICT services.
Websites & Applications
MyIIUM Portal(http://my.iium.edu.my) - the gateway of information and resources for the IIUM community, such as:
• Course Information
• Financial Information
• Personal Information
• Student Information
• Software Repository
• Examination & Results
• News & Announcement
• Personal advertisement