This program produces graduates with specializations in materials engineering which include the processing and manufacturing of polymer, ceramic and composite material, materials process design and also optical and electronics properties of materials.
|Study period||Duration||Tuition Fees||Start Date|
|Full Time||4 Year(s)||MYR 7,000 per semester||
SEM I : September
SEM II : February
SEM III : June
Interested students should
- Have at least three principal passes in the General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced Level’ (GCE) ‘A’ Level Examination (UK Educational System) obtained in one sitting, or
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with a minimum of six subjects obtained in one sitting or any other qualifications that are recognized by the Senate of the University as equivalent to the above
- Students must be strong in Mathematics and in two other subjects in the intended field of study.
Applicants wishing to pursue their studies in programmes with English as medium of instruction must present
- A score of 550 in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or
- Band 6.0 the International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) (Academic).
- Alternatively, they may sit for the IIUM-administered English Placement Test (EPT) and obtain a minimum of 6.0 points to fulfil the English language requirement.
Applicants interested in programmes with Arabic as a medium of instruction must achieve an exemption after sitting for the IIUM-administered Arabic Placement Test (APT). Applicants who are unable to submit satisfactory results in any of the above tests may take up language proficiency courses at the University to fulfill the admission requirements.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE PROSPECTUS AT THE SIDEBAR FOR FURTHER INFO ON THE COURSESCourses