Responsibilities of Head of Research
- Facilitate the growth of research activity in the Kulliyyah, including developing mechanisms and targets to achieve this.
- Coordinate and plan the development of research infrastructure in the Kulliyyah.
- Coordinate the evaluation of applications for internal and external grants at the Kulliyyah.
- Facilitate research mentorship in the Kulliyyah.
- Advise and report to the Dean/ Deputy Dean of PG&R on all Kulliyyah matters relating to research including regular reports in the KBM.
- Facilitate and monitor research performance within the Kulliyyah.
- Maintain and disseminate current information about relevant research policy and initiatives in government, relevant industries, including external funding opportunities.
- Collaborate with RMC to develop strategies to foster research collaborations within the Kulliyyah, with the other Kulliyyahs and Institutes, and with parties outside IIUM.
- Making recommendations to the Dean and Deputy Dean of PG&R on the establishment, implementation, and evaluation of Kulliyyah and University targets with regard to :
a. research conducted by Postgraduate students.
b. research opportunities, particularly external fundings for research.
c. research outputs, including refereed publications, IPs and commercialized products.