INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF ISLAMIC CIVILISATION AND MALAY WORLD (ISTAC)
International Institute of Islamic Civilisation & Malay World (ISTAC)
International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM), No.24, Persiaran Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin, Taman Duta, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Telephone : +603 - 6207 3400
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : ISTAC
Facebook : ISTAC FB
The International Institute of Islamic Civilisation and Malay World (ISTAC) aims to proliferate studies on the Islamic civilisation and Malay World through learning, research and exchange of ideas and knowledge at a time where the world seems to thrive upon over simplification and ignorance of history and cultural heritage. Leveraging on the extensive expertise on Islamic Civilisation and Malay World at International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM), ISTAC aspires to facilitate capacity building in the Muslim World through shared values of Islamic Civilisation and the diversity of ummah. This institute is patronized by The Honourable Tan Sri Dato' Seri Utama Dr. Rais Yatim. It blends the rich academic tradition of ISTAC, established in 1987 with studies of the Malay World dedicated towards enhancing greater understanding of the Muslim World and its rich diverse historical and academic legacy.
- To be the distinguished institute in promoting the Islamic Civilisation and Malay World in all aspects through research, academic, non-academic and socio-cultural activities.
- To encourage academic collaborations with other institutions locally and internationally on aspects concerning Islamic Civilisation and Malay World.
- To open up channels of scientific and cultural cooperation and exchange between the Islamic Civilisation, Malay World, and at large the world to engage in intellectual and civilisation activities and relations.
- To nurture talents, scholars and experts in the Islamic Civilisation and Malay World through postgraduate studies, postdoctoral and academic fellowship activities.
- Encourage relevant activities on areas of fine arts, literature, culture, and in other related areas of priority.
Vision & Mission
To become a renowned institute of reference in learning, research and the promotion of the rich cultural tradition that had contributed immensely to humanity
To proliferate studies on the Islamic civilization and Malay world through learning, research and exchange ideas and knowledge.