How to complete the IT Change Request (ICR) form
The instructions on how to complete the ICR form (Section 2 until Section 4) are as follows:
- Name of Change Initiator
The person who requests for the change is the Change Initiator. He/she is the person who initially perceives the need for the change, develops, plans, and executes the steps necessary to meet the initial requirements for a Request for Change (RFC).
2. IIUM Email Address
Write the IIUM email address of the Change Initiator
3. Contact No
Write the phone number that can be used to easily contact the Change Initiator about the RFC.
Write the department in IIUM of the Change Initiator
5. Signature of Change Initiator
The Change Initiator will sign his/her signature here
6. Date Form Completed
After completion of Section 2 until Section 4 of the Request for Change form, the Change Initiator will write the date the form was completed
7. Does item(s) of the Requested Change Available in Standard IT Change Catalogue (SICC)?
Please refer to the existing record of SICC. If available, put ‘Yes’, else put ‘No”
8. If ‘Yes’, please indicate the SICC NO.
Write the corresponding SICC no.
9. Title of Request for Change
Write the brief title of Request for Change
10. Description of Request for Change
Write the description of Request for Change
11. Reason for Change
Write the reason for change
12. Expected outcome of change
Briefly describe the expected outcome of change
13. Date Change is Expected to be Implemented and Completed
Include also the related time of implementation and completion.
14. Change Coordinator’s name, Change Coordinator’s department – if applicable
The Change Coordinator is usually the immediate supervisor of the Change Initiator or the Head of Department/Unit of the Change Initiator. The Change Coordinator is the main facilitator of the Change Management process of the specific RFC. Among others, the Change Coordinator is responsible to ensure that relevant technical review, business review and other prerequisites are undertaken before a change is submitted for approval. The Change Coordinator is also to ensure change implementation is completed successfully.
15. Change Implementer’s details – if applicable
The Change Initiator may be a different person from the Change Implementer i.e the person who will perform the changes. Whenever applicable, write the name, role/task and organization/department of the Change Implementer(s) here. The Change Implementer may be someone from outside of IIUM i.e vendor or IT service providers. The change Implementer(s) must be aware and in good knowledge of the RFC.
16. Indicate the ENVIRONMENT that may be affected by the requested change (you may choose more than ONE environment)
Tick one or more of the environment that may be affected by the requested change. You may add additional environment if it is not listed.
17. Indicate the change URGENCY
Tick the change urgency based on the description of change urgency listed in the form.
18. Indicate the change IMPACT
Tick the change impact based on the description of change impact listed in the form.