The Department of Building and Technology Engineering (BTE) at the Kulliyyah of Architecture and Environmental Design, IIUM was originally set- up to provide and enhance the teaching of subjects related to building technology and engineering related areas within all the Kulliyyah academic programmes. Currently the BTE academic staff teaches a range of subjects in most undergraduate and postgraduate programmes related to structures, mechanical and electrical services, building technology and construction technology offered across the Kulliyyah. Recently also the Department of BTE welcomed a new member i.e. Dr Spahic Omer, which currently is teaching and researching on the Islamisation of knowledge throughout the built environment areas taught within the Kulliyyah.
The vision, mission and goal of BTE is in relation to mission and vision of the Kulliyyah’s:
1. To disseminate the advancement of technology within the curriculum and research
2. To strengthen its multi-disciplinary approach and areas
3. To provide a broad-based education and design experience that enables students to address complex and multi-faceted building engineering process
4. To strengthen the fundamentals on building science and technology as to enable students to evolve in their respective professions in response to changing technology and societal needs and expectations
5. To strengthened the Islamisation of knowledge in built environment areas