Department of Library & Information Science (DLIS)
The Department of Library and Information Science was established in 1992, by first offering Masters degree programme in Library and Information Science (MLIS) to both full time and part time students. The department was initially affiliated with the Kulliyyah of Islamic Revealed Knowledge and Human Science (IRKHS). On November 1, 2002, the Ministry has approved the establishment of the Kulliyyah of Information and Communication Technology, in which DLIS is one of its three initial departments.
Currently, we offer postgraduate programmes of study leading to Master and Doctoral degrees of Library & Information Science. We are looking forward to offer undergraduate programmes soon.
* To transform the information field through leadership in research, development, and education.
* To provide educational experiences that prepare students for leadership roles within the professional community of librarians and information professionals
* Highly qualified local and international faculty.
* Computer laboratory with LAN configuration and hook-up facilities with the Internet and the campus-wide network.
* CD-ROM based facility for training in database searches.
* Multimedia Laboratory.
* Virtual Laboratory.
* Library equipped with latest information resources in a variety of media.