CENTRE FOR LANGUAGES AND PRE-UNIVERSITY ACADEMIC DEVELOPMENT
Centre for Languages and Pre-University Academic Development (CELPAD)
International Islamic University Malaysia
Jalan Gombak, 53100 Kuala Lumpur.
- Office of The Director 03-6196 4902/4917 (general line)
- Office of The Deputy Director 03-6196 4907/4911
- Office of The Heads of The Division:
- English Language Division 03-6196 4909
- Quranic Language Division 03-6196 4905
- Tilawah Division 03-6196 4936
- Bahasa Melayu Division 03-6196 4920
- TEMU 03-6196 4918/3950
- Fax: 03-6196 4865
Centre for Languages and Pre-University Academic Development (CELPAD) International Islamic University Malaysia P.O. Box 10 50728 Kuala Lumpur.
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
The International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) is unique in that its students are taught in the medium of English and Arabic. The Centre for Languages (CfL) was established in July 1983 together with the Centre for Fundamental Knowledge, Kulliyyah of Economics and Kullliyyah of Laws. In May 1993, the Centre for Languages was renamed the Centre for Languages and Pre-University Academic Development to shoulder the responsibility of implementing a new system in language teaching and learning at the IIUM.
The Centre for Languages and Pre-University Academic Development, better known as CELPAD, is responsible for ensuring that all IIUM students have a strong command of the languages required for their academic endeavour. The centre offers courses to students at all levels of proficiency in English, Quranic (Arabic), Bahasa Melayu and Tilawah al-Quran. In addition, the centre also offers Mandarin, Japanese and French courses for those keen on learning other languages.
- English Language Division
- Quranic Language Division
- Tilawah Division
- Bahasa Melayu Division
- Bridging Programme Division