Basic Academic Qualification
- A pass in the IIUM Matriculation Centre’s final examination* with GPA of not less than 3.0 and fulfilling all other requirements for promotion to the first year of a degree program at IIUM; OR
- Three principal passes in the STPM (Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia; Advanced Level) examination obtained at one sitting, including General Paper and two of the following papers: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics; OR
- Two principal passes in the STPM obtained at one sitting including General Paper, and two subsidiary passes in two of the following papers: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics; OR
- Three principal passes in the GCE ‘A’ Level examination obtained at one sitting in three of the following papers: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics; OR
Successful completion of any one of the following examination:
- Senior Secondary Assessment Board of South Australia Examination (SSABSA); OR
- Associate American Degree (AAD)
* Those who pass the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with the required grades must apply through Unit Pusat Universiti (UPU). Only those applicants who put IIUM as their first choice may be considered for admission into the IIUM Medical Matriculation Program.
** International students with suitable grades can apply to the Dean, Admission and Records Division (A&R) in IIUM main campus, Gombak. Intake of new students is in September (starting session 2011/2012). Applicants should submit their applications at least 3 months earlier and completed their TOEFL prior to arriving in Malaysia.
English is the primary medium of instruction for the MBBS program. Proficiency in English must be demonstrated through IIUM’s English Placement Test (EPT) where students are required to achieve a minimum score of 6.0 in all the four language skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking.
Alternatively, students have to obtain a minimum score of 550 in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or an equivalent score in an equivalent qualifications (e.g. an Australian or New Zealand Matriculation Certificate or the Singapore General Certificate of Education).
Sound health and satisfactory performance in an interview and test conducted by the Admissions Board if a candidate’s suitability to a program needs to be determined.
Students must have:
- A recognised undergraduate medical degree (MBBS or its equivalent); OR
- A Bachelor of Science with Honours with a First Class or Second Class Upper grade in an appropriate subject from an accredited institution of higher learning or its equivalent; OR
- Other relevant basic degrees that are able to fulfill the specific Kulliyyah/Department/Programme requirements, such as BDS or BVM from an accredited institution of higher learning
- As far as possible, BSc holders are advised to choose a MMedSc programme in the same discipline as their bachelor degree
Applicants are required to present
- A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) minimum score of 550; OR
- An International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) minimum score of 6.0; OR
- The IIUM administered English Placement Test (EPT) minimum score of 6.0
For further details kindly contact:
Admissions & Records Division at +603-6196 4045 / 4043 Email: email@example.com