KULLIYYAH OF ISLAMIC REVEALED KNOWLEDGE AND HUMAN SCIENCES
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Message from the Dean
الحمد لله رب العالمين، والصلاة والسلام على سيد الأنبياء والمرسلين، حبيبنا وشفيعنا وقدوتنا وقائدنا محمد المبعوث رحمة للعالمين، وعلى آله وأصحابه ومن تبعهم بإحسان إلى يوم الدين.
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
Welcome to the Kulliyyah of Islamic Revealed Knowledge and Human Sciences (KIRKHS) website.
Vision and Mission
To be the centre for educational excellence and research in Islamic Revealed Knowledge and Human Sciences
Integration of Islamic Revealed Knowledge and Human Sciences
Islamization of Human Sciences
Relevantization of Islamic Revealed Knowledge to contemporary issues
Research and innovation in the disciplines of Islamic Revealed Knowledge and Human Sciences
Attend to client needs promptly, courteously and attentively.
Keep the Kulliyyah’s community updated with the latest information on relevant policies, rules and regulations.
Respond promptly to complaints/suggestions from clients.
Ensure a safe working environment for the Kulliyyah’s community at all times.
Maintain a high standard in the maintenance of all equipment and facilities at the Kulliyyah.
To ensure that the students internalize the worldview of Islam in each and every aspect of their life.
To develop students' knowledge in their chosen fields of specialization and their commitment to using their knowledge for the advancement of the Ummah.
To develop students' commitment to the ideas of the relevantization of religious sciences and the integration of Human Sciences with Islamic Revealed Knowledge.
To enable the students to acquire the necessary skills for the application of their knowledge in real life situations.
To develop the social skills of the students so that they become responsible and effective contributors to societal harmony and growth.
To inculcate Islamic values in the students and nurture positive attitudes and professionalism.
To develop students' competency in articulating ideas and communicating with others and become effective leaders and team players in the family, the workplace and the community.
To ensure students acquire important scientific skills that are necessary in contemporary times.
To develop students' thinking skills and problem solving capacity to cope with challenges in the real world.
To prepare students for lifelong learning through research and information management skills.
Awards and Accolades
- Congratulations! Assoc.Prof.Dr.Spahic Omer for the winner of National Book Awards 2015 in PWTC, Kuala Lumpur on 25-26 November 2015.
Author TITLE OF BOOK AWARD CATEGORY Assoc. Prof. Dr. Spahic Omer Architecture and Society Some Lessons on Muslim Architecture from India
Anugerah Pengajian Tinggi
Buku Islamik Terbaik
- Congratulations On Securing The Prototype Research Grant Scheme (PRGS) Cycle 2/2015
Project Title Project Leader BUDGET APPROVED (RM) A Prototype Development of a Mobile Interactive Arabic Poetry Programme for Pedagogical Purposes Prof. Dr. Rahmah binti Ahmad H. Othman 92,300.00
- Congratulations to the following researchers in securing the grants.
- In Securing (Public / Private / International Grant) for Month of October, 2015.
Researchers Project Title Funder Amount Approved (RM) Category (International /Private/ Public) Principal Researcher: Dr. Zeti Azreen Ahmad Co-Researchers: 1. Prof. Dato’ Dr. Sri Syed Arabi Idid 2. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Che Mahzan Ahmad 3. Dr. Aini Maznina A. Manaf 4. Dr. Tengku Aisha Tegku Azzman 5. Mdm. Mazni Buyong Social Mobility and Media in Marang, Terengganu Majlis Professor Negara (MPN) 20,000.00 Public
- IIUM World Debate and Oratory Centre (IWON) is pleased to announce that the IIUM Arabic Debate team has emerged as Champion in the Maal Hijrah Intervarsity Arabic Debate Championship 1437H/2015M. The team members are: Br. Abdullah Aimanrusydi bin Abdullah (KIRKHS), Br. Mohamad Ikmal Hakimi bin Mohamad Helmi (KIRKHS), Sr. Rizka Rivensky (KIRKHS), Sr. Afifah Hanim binti Muhammad Hisham (KLM).
- The book of Asst. Prof. Dr. Luqman Zakariyah of the Department of Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh, entitled Legal Maxims in Islamic Criminal Law: Theory and Applications, has been accepted for publication by the prestigious Brill Publishing House.
- Congratulations! On Securing the Research Grant, Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS) Phase 1/2015 from Ministry of Education:
Project Leader Approved Budget (RM) 1. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhamadul Bakir Hj. Yaakub 86,500 2. Dr. Aida Binti Mokhtar 78,000 3. Dr. Jusmawati Fauzaman 72,000 4. Dr. Luqman Zakariyah 59,200
- Congratulations to Assoc.Prof.Dr. Abdul Kabir & Editorial Team for the achievement of Intellectual Discourse Journal, KIRKHS (Web of Science waiting list).
- Congratulations to Prof.Dr. Mohammad A. Quayum & Editorial Team for the achievement of Asiatic Journal, KIRKHS (has been accepted in the Web of Science in its ESCI database).
- Congratulations to the Editorial team of Intellectual Discourse for being chosen as the recipient of Publishing Encouragement Scheme (CREAM) Status, (Skim Galakan Penerbitan Program Pemberian Taraf CREAM 2015) for Journal Indexed by SCOPUS under the Category of Arts & Humanities and Social Sciences (AHSS). The award was presented by the Minister of Higher Education Datuk Seri Idris Jusoh in conjunction with the launching ceremony of the National Conference for Published High Impact Journals on 3rd September 2015.
- * Picture of the Editor-in-Chief and Editor of Intellectual Discourse receiving the Award.
The Kulliyyah of Islamic Revealed Knowledge and Human Sciences was established in 1990. It is now the largest faculty in the University, with over 4,000 students and more than 250 full-time academic staff. Its formation represents a drive to integrate Islamic Revealed Knowledge and Human Sciences disciplines as part of a comprehensive educational reform for the betterment of mankind.
Brief History Of The Kulliyyah
CENTRE FOR FUNDAMENTAL KNOWLEDGE (CFK)
- Established in July 1983
- Objective of establishment : to provide courses in Revealed Knowledge in line with the Islamization and integration of the University Curriculum.
- The founding Shaikh al-Kulliyyah for CFK (1983-1990) - Prof. Dr. Mohd. Kamal Hassan
- Dean of CFK - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Hj. Mohd Mokhtar Hj. Shafii
- Started with 5 academic staff:
- Mohd Kamal Hassan
- Mohd Mokhtar b. Hj. Shafii
- Mohd Nur Manuty
- Abdul Rahman Awang
- Mat Daud Awang Hamat
KULLIYYAH OF ISLAMIC REVEALED KNOWLEDGE AND HUMAN SCIENCES
- Established in January 1990
- CFK was transformed into the Department of Islamic Revealed Knowledge and Heritage and became 4 new departments in December 1996 (11 Departments):
- Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh
- Fundamental and Inter-Disciplinary Studies
- Usul Ad-Din and Comparative Religion
- Qur’an and Sunnah Studies
- Division of Human Sciences:
- Arabic Language and Literature
- English Language and Literature
- History and Civilization
- Political Science
- Sociology and Anthropology
2003 - Present (11 Departments)
- Department of Arabic Language and Literature (DALL)
- Department of Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh (RKFQ)
- Department of Fundamental and Inter-Disciplinary Studies (FIDS)
- Department of Qur’an and Sunnah (RKQS)
- Department of Usul al-Din and Comparative Religion (RKUD)
- Department of Communication (COMM)
- Department of English Language and Literature (DELL)
- Department of History and Civilization (HIST)
- Department of Political Science (PSCI)
- Department of Psychology (PSYC)
- Department of Sociology and Anthropology (SOCA)
DEANS OF KIRKHS
- Prof. Dr. Mohd. Kamal Hassan (1989 - 1990)
- Prof. Dr. Anis Ahmad (1990 - 1994)
- Prof. Dr. Mohd Nor Nawawi (1994 - 1995)
- Prof. Dr. Sidek Baba (1995 - 1996)
- Prof. Dr. Jamal Barzinji (1996 - 1998)
- Prof. Dr. Abdullah Hassan (1998 - 1999)
- Prof. Dr. Mohamed Aris Othman (1999 - 2002)
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mohamad @ Md. Som Sujimon (July 2002 – March 2005)
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Hazizan Md. Noon (April 2005 - May 2009)
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Badri Najib Zubir (June 2009 - June 2012)
- Emeritus Prof. Dato’ Dr. Mahmood Zuhdi Abdul Majid (July 2012 - July 2013)
- Prof. Dr. Ibrahim Mohamed Zein (July 2013 - July 2016)
- Prof. Dr. Rahmah Bt. Ahmad H. Osman (Aug 2016 - July 2017)
- Prof. Dr. Mohammad Abdul Quayum (August 2017 - Current)