PEJABAT PENGARAH KAMPUS, Kampus Kuantan
World Congress On Integration and Islamizisation (WCII)
In 2013 IIUM initiated and organized the First World Congress on Integration and Islamizisation of Acquired Human Knowledge which covered all the branches of knowledge. The theme of the Congress was “The Need To Apply The Paradigm Of Tawhid As An Alternative To The Secular Paradigm”. It was supported and attended by the second Rector of IIUM, Dato’ Emeritus Professor Dr. AbdulHamid AbuSulayman and many well-known international Muslim scholars in different disciplines. The university has decided to hold the Second Congress in 2016 in the Kuantan Campus in Pahang, Malaysia on 21st until 23rd October 2016, with the intention to focus on medical and health-care sciences.
The theme of this 2nd World Congress is the application and incorporation of moral values and the Maqasid al-Shari’ah (high objectives of the Divine Code of Life) into medical and health care curriculum and practices. The Congress also would like to introduce to the world and show-case the brand-new IIUM’s own teaching hospital in the beautiful Kuantan campus, adjacent to the university mosque. The organizing committee hopes to bring 300 presenters and participants to address the need to re-moralize and re-Islamicize certain aspects of contemporary medical and health-care sciences which are derived purely from the secular humanistic paradigm and have become a source of moral concern among Muslim scholars as well as some non-Muslim scholars who are familiar with the shortcomings or defects in the conventional secularized systems and practices. The proceedings of the Congress would be in Arabic, English and Malay-Indonesian languages.
The theme for this symposium is “Incorporation of Moral Values and Maqasid Al-Shari’ah Into Medical and Health Care Practices” and will focus on the following, fields and topics :-
- Philosophical and moral concerns about the advancements in natural sciences (biology, chemistry, physics, and etc).
- Incorporating ethical values and principles of maqasid al-shari’ah into medical sciences.
- Methods and approaches of realizing Divine ideals (qiyam al-wahy) in psychological sciences.
- Applications of principles of Islamic jurisprudence and law in nursing and health care practices.
- Doctor-patient relationship and the moral issues of freedom versus control from the perspective of shari’ah laws.
- Abortion & birth control and the moral issues of pro-choice versus pro-life from Islamic perspective.
- Artificial insemination and the moral choices of fertility versus infertility
- Organ donation, organ transplantation and the problems of body ownership.
- Ethical dilemmas of tissue engineering, cloning and the theological and moral concerns.
- Cosmetic surgery, the moral choices of life style and moral concerns of altering the nature.
- Surrogate motherhood and the challenges of renting uterus; legal and moral dilemmas.
- Clinical researches that involve human subjects and issues of human dignity and human rights.
- Sahri’ah-compliant hospital management and ibadah-friendly hospital environment.
- Providing palliative care, hospice, and spiritual care from the Islamic perspective.
- Geriatric medicine and health care of elderly people from the Islamic perspectives.
- Medical profession and the practices of intentionally ending a life from Islamic perspective.
- Role of Non-Governmental Organisations, baitulmal and other government agencies in medical and healthcare.
The articles had been published recently in volume 17, special issue 1 & 2, in the International Medical Journal Malaysia (IMJM). The International Medical Journal Malaysia is indexed in the SCOPUS, Web of Science Emerging Sources, MyAIS (Malaysia Abstracting and Indexing System), Open-J Gate, Directory of Open Access Journal (DOAJ), Index Copernicus, Western Pacific Region Index Medicus (WPRIM) and is tracked by Google and Yahoo search engines. Therefore, we can find the article here:
|Volume 17 Special Issue 1|
|Volume 17 Special Issue 2|
Click on the picture to download the WCII 2016 Banner in PDF format.
Click on the picture to download the WCII 2016 Official Tentative in PDF format.