Master in Business Intelligence and Analytics (MBIA)
Centre of IT Advancement (CITA) proudly offers the Master in Business Intelligence and Analytics (MBIA). This programme is offered in response to the emerging trends in advanced applications of ICT technologies to enhance intelligence and analytical capabilities in business decision-making. Business Intelligence and Analytics are defined as the competency to identify trends, make accurate forecast through effective and smart management and allocation of resources to optimize results. Thus Business Intelligence and Analytics are not only limited to the corporate sector alone but are also relevant to government and social enterprise sectors.
Master in Business Intelligence and Analytics – By Coursework MQR Code: MQA/PA9138
Programme Learning Outcome
- Demonstrate familiarity with scholarly contributions in the area of Business Intelligence and Analytics.
- Apply Big Data analytical methods and strategies for advanced data analysis and visualization.
- Realize issues and complexities in business and conform to intellectual property, data security, integrity, privacy, and professional code of conduct.
- Implement quantitative modeling and data analysis techniques to business problems, communicate findings and effectively present results using data visualization techniques.
- Using advanced statistical tools and data programming techniques to solve practical problems in data analysis.
- Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills as well as awareness of entrepreneurial opportunities.
A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 or its equivalent, as accepted by the University Senate OR
A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent not meeting CGPA of 2.75 , can be accepted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in relevant field.
At least 500 (paper based) / 173 (computer based) / 60 (internet based) in TOEFL or 5.0 in IELTS if their degree is from a university where English is not the medium of instruction OR
English language proficiency as determined by the IIUM English Placement Test (EPT) with a minimum of band 5.0.