The Clinical Skills Centre is a dedicated and purpose built facility primarily for the development of nursing skills in nursing training. The center provides a safe environment for the teaching and learning of clinical and enhances communication skills where students can practice prior to performing skills on patients.
- To initiate and develop the teaching of basic practical nursing skills to students in a safe and structured environment by reinforcing the existing bedside and clinical learning.
- to support the transition of the student's clinical skills learning from the simulated training environment to the clinical area.
- To ensure that the student receives uniform teaching opportunities whilst on clinical attachment to a local district hospital or community clinics by working with local trainers and sharing educational resources.
- To integrate the learning of practical clinical skills with the skills of communication and team working - enabling the patient's experience of the clinical encounter to remain central to a student's clinical skill development.
- To promote clinical teachers development and enable research into nursing education and assessment methods.
The Clinical Skills Centre (CSC) which is located on the left-wing side of Kulliyyah of Nursing has been launched on the 24th May 2010 by our Honorable Rector, Prof. Dato’ Sri Dr. Syed Arabi Idid. It is designed to enable students to learn the clinical skills of nursing in a safe, supportive and realistic environment.
The CSC is developed like ward-setting consisting of seven (7) wards which includes Medical, Surgical/Orthopedic, Pediatric, ICU/CCU, Emergency & Trauma, Obstetric & Gynecology, Community Nursing and Communication laboratory.
There is also a large area also known as OSPE Hall (Objective Structured Practical Examination hall) dedicated for practical examination as well as practical assessment. It is equipped with an audio visual system that essential for the debriefing session after each demonstration or simulation practical.
This Clinical Skills Center is hoped to be the most innovative centre of excellence in nursing education with the state-of-art facilities in teaching, learning, nursing research and nursing consultancy.
Address: Clinical Skills Centre, Kulliyyah of Nursing, International Islamic University, Level 2, Annexe Building, Jalan Hospital Campus, 25100 Kuantan, Pahang. Tel: 09-513 2797 (ext 3201) Operation hours: Mon - Thu - 8.00am – 5.00pm Friday - 8.00am – 12.15pm and 2.45pm – 5.00pm Sat - Sun - OFF