Office of the Campus Director (Kuantan Campus)
The Kuantan Campus was established with the commencement of the medical programme in 1997 and is located at the Jalan Hospital in the town of Kuantan. The campus or rather the Kulliyyah of Medicine was official opened by HRH Sultan of Pahang on 28 November 1997 and is housed in a building next to the Tengku Ampuan Afzan Hospital (HTAA), which is also the main teaching hospital for the kulliyyah. The campus which is also known as the Jalan Hospital campus (JHC) is a five storey building and is shared with the Kulliyyah of Nursing and the Breast Centre.
June 2004 witnessed the official opening of the new Kulliyyah of Medicine building by HRH Sultan of Pahang at the Bandar Indera Mahkota on a 1000 acres site. The Indera Mahkota Campus is about 5 km from the Kuantan town centre. The official opening of the Indera Mahkota Campus took on a festive atmosphere with educational, social and recreational activities organized by both the students and staff. A commemorative book entitled ‘Towards an Excellent Medical and Scientific Community’ was produced.
The Bandar Indera Mahkota Campus (IMC) soon expanded with the establishment of the Kulliyyah of Pharmacy, Allied Health Sciences, Science and the Kulliyyah of Dentistry.
As the campus grew from strength to strength with the campus population steeply increasing every year, the university decided to establish an administration Centre in 2005. The administration centre was managed by a Campus Director and a Director (Administration) and was later known as the Office of the Campus Director.