PG. DIP. IN SHARI'AH LAW AND LEGAL PRACTICE (SCHOOL OF ADVANCED LEGAL AND SHARI’AH STUDIES, IIUM ACADEMY)
The Diploma provides the essential foundation and skills needed in developing expertise in the field of Shariah judiciary and advocacy practice in Malaysia. This Diploma provides an excellent foundation for anyone seeking to develop and further their profession in Shariah judiciary and advocacy practice. It is designed to produce postgraduates who are capable of dealing with complex legal issues faced in the contemporary world and able to identify the issues and propose solution from the Islamic perspectives. Complement the substantive and procedural knowledge and skills on the Malaysian Syariah judiciary and advocacy practice for graduates proposing to specialise in Syariah practice in Malaysia.
- Understand, identify, analyse the legal issues and apply the relevant Syariah and fiqh principles in resolving current problems in Shariah Legal Practice.
- Use appropriate research method in conducting research in resolving Syariah cases including the use of various sources and modern technology.
- Draft legal documents and opinion based on relevant principles of Syariah and fiqh and conduct mal or criminal cases in Syariah courts.
- Conduct negotiations, communicate effectively, prudently and credibly in disseminating information, based on Syariah and fiqh principles to resolve any given problem.
- Apply the ethics and etiquette of the Syariah legal profession.
- Manage Syariah legal practice and other areas of practice with accountability, adopt good leadership qualities, inculcate teamwork in leading members of the firm in providing quality and reliable legal services.
TO APPLY, GO TO: