PhD in Halal Industry (PHI)
This programme is offered in full research mode and is open to students with recognized undergraduate qualifications. The program was designed to produce experts in halal who are able to create solutions to Ummatic issues and bring halal industry in harmony with Islamic teachings.
The aim of this programme is to offer graduates of different disciplines an opportunity to acquire knowledge and practice in the broad field of research and innovation in halal industry.
The objectives of the programme are as follow;
- To cater for higher level of demand in terms of comprehensive knowledge in the halal industry.
- To provide an opportunity for national and international graduates to pursue PhD in Halal industry.
- To strengthen the theoretical and technical methodologies in the broad field of halal industry practices.
- To enhance the educational standards of INHART as well as IIUM among other world class universities through continuous learning process and advanced research.
- Bachelor and master degree in any field of Science & Technology, Art, Social Science and Religious Studies or;
- Other relevant disciplines from IIUM, any University or Institution recognized by IIUM Senate or;
- Any other qualifications with relevant working experience recognized by IIUM Senate are accepted for entry.
- Preference will be given to applicants having a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA 3.0 and above or its equivalent.
Required academic courses for graduation
All courses are audit courses with credit hour “0”. The audit courses must be taken for graduation purposes. HART7300/1 is 100% component of PhD in Halal Industry.
HART 7101 Research Methodology (Art/Social Science/Non-Science)*
HART 7101 Research Methodology (Science)*
HART 7197 Seminar
RKGS 6000 Values, Technology and Society**
HART 6102 Advances Study on Legal and Administrative Control**
HART 6201 Halal Industry and Advanced Technique Analysis**
HART 6202 Fiqh 1 for Halal Industry Products and Services**
HART 6203 Fiqh 2 for Halal Industry Products and Services**
HART 7300 Research (Arts/Social Science/Non-Science)*
HART 7301 Research (Science)*
*candidates may come from any field of Science or Art/Social Science/Non-Science background. Candidates are required to register for respective courses in accordance to their field of work.
**the “6”series course are for graduation purposes if they have not taken at Master level.