JAPAN SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY AGENCY (JST) IN COLLABORATION WITH JAPAN INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATION AGENCY (JICA) IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE A CALL FOR PROPOSALS FOR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH PARTNERSHIP FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT (SATREPS)
Assalamualaikum wrt wbt.,
Invitation for Research Proposals
Here are the details of the SATREPS Research Proposal Applications:
1. Application is by using the Japan’s Technical Cooperation as per the Attachment A.
2. Applications for this research projects are limited to for fields:
1.Environment/Energy, 2.Bioresources, 3.Disaster Prevention and 4.Mitigation and Infection Diseases Control. More information on this application can be found at
3. The Institutions of Higher learning need to identify its’ counterparts in Japan. The Japanese collaborators also needs to submit and application in the same field to the Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) under the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology Agency (MEXT) in Tokyo. The collaborating researcher for the research proposal in the field of Infectious Diseases Control need to submit the application to the Japan Agency for Medical Research and Development (AMED);
4. The duration of the research project under the SATREPS Technical Collaboration is between three (3) to five (5) years.
5. More information on the scope of payment for this research can be referred to Item 8 (Expenses supported by JICA and by JST/AMED) at page 3 of the Garis Panduan Kerjasama Teknikal (Needs Survey Guidance) SATREPS at as per the Attachment B.
6. Please submit all applications by Wednesday, 13th September 5pm. to: Research Initiative Unit (RIU), Research Management Centre, IIUM Gombak. Tel: 03-6196 5011 or 5022 , email: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Do take note that only completed applications following the stated format sent to the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) through the RMC will be approved for the next level of evaluations.
Thank you and the very best of luck.