Vision and Mission
The faculty, cognisant of the need for it to reflect the fast-changing nature of the sciences, aims to produce graduates with deep theoretical knowledge and highly developed practical skills, whom employers would be eager to recruit. We do this by combining quality teaching with high impact research. Our curriculum employs a range of teaching method that not only ensure efficient and effective teaching and learning, but also foster a capacity for independent learning. Parallel to this, we provide an attractive, supportive environment for the development of professional skills and we offer relevant and valuable work placements to all students who wish to take advantage of them.
We regard it is a major responsibility to prepare students for a wide variety of career opportunities, who upon graduation will be of value to academia, industry, the health sector or any relevant discipline in the wider community.
- To train and produce highly competent graduates who are at the same time spiritually strong, having been imbued with Islamic values.
- To develop Kulliyyah of Science as a centre of excellence in the field of biotechnological, computational and mathematics, physics, chemistry, marines and plant sciences.
- To fulfill Malaysia’s needs in areas related to industrial biotechnology and thereby propel the country to the forefront among nations associated with advancements in science and technology.
- To expose students to the rapidly emerging technologies in the biosciences, placing emphasis on the manipulation of microorganism and plants.
- To be able to respond to new research ideas and opportunities.
- To capture benefits through collaborative research and downstream technology transfer.
- To contribute to the economic and cultural strength of the nation.
- To benefit from international developments.
- To initiate the development and research in marine industries as the future catalyst for the regional development and growth for selected area in Malaysia.
- To provide sufficient facilities for research studies in niche areas concerning marine environment, socio-economic culture of islands and the coastal areas.
- To play a role as affiliating centre for education and research.
- To provide a collaborative research platform with other centres of educational excellence.
- To provide facilities for postgraduate students on respective areas.
- To conduct exchange program involving expertise, advisers, resource persons and assessors from other parts of the world.
- To secure funds for research activities from government and private agencies including world organisations.