Student's residential college of the International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) is better kown as Mahallah.The word Mahallah refers to a place where it is supposed to be a seft-contained not only with services but also activities. IIUM chooses to name its mahallah after the leading companions of the Prophet s.a.w and the female Mujahidah and Syuhada.
Since the early years of its establishment, IIUM practices 100% accommodation for its full time undergraduate students. For postgraduate students, the accommodation is provided based on availability of rooms. Priority are given to the non-Malaysian students especially new intake students.
Currently, IIUM Gombak has 16 mahallats that accommodate about 16,000 students who come from various countries and cultures. Each mahallah is lead by a Principal and assisted by administrative staff and fellows. The administrative staff concentrate on the administrative and maintenance requests of mahallah while the fellows focus on the students' matters and activities.
List of mahallah in Gombak Campus:-
1. Mahallah Ali Abi Talib 8. Mahallah Aminah
2. Mahallah Al-Faruq 9. Mahallah Asiah
3. Mahallah As-Siddiq 10. Mahallah Asma’
4. Mahallah Bilal Ibn Rabah 11. Mahallah Hafsa
5. Mahallah Uthman Ibn Affan 12. Mahallah Halimatus Sa’adiah
6. Mahallah Salahuddin Al-Ayubi 13. Mahallah Nusaibah
7. Mahallah Zubair Al-Awwam 14. Mahallah Ruqayyah
15. Mahallah Safiyyah
16. Mahallah Sumayyah
List of mahallah in Kuantan Campus:-
1. Mahallah Talhah 2. Mahallah Maimunah