Malaysian Rubber Council (MRC) Industry Linkage Fund (ILF)
التاريخ : 09 February 2023
المحرر : Siti Nur Nazeha Bt Saiffuddin Zuhri
الفئة : Announcements
Application open throughout the year
السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ
May this email reach you in the best of health and Iman by the grace of Allah Subhanahu Wata'ala.
YBhg. Tan Sri / Dato' / Prof. / Assoc. Prof. / Dr. / Sir / Madam / Br. / Sr. ,
MRC is pleased to invite researchers to apply for the Industry Linkage Fund (ILF). The ILF is a research grant provided by MRC to promote collaboration between universities/research institutions and Malaysian rubber products industry on research projects that will contribute to the development of rubber industry in Malaysia in the following areas:
- Increase exports of rubber products and domestic consumption of rubber products produced in Malaysia;
- Increase consumption of rubber (raw and waste/reclaimed) in new products development; or
- Facilitate the manufacturing process of rubber products.
The focus of the programme will be on projects that have the potential to improve competitiveness of Malaysian rubber products in the global market. Priority areas and products for research are as follows:
- Latex based products
- Dry rubber products
- Automation and process improvement
- Application of rubber in infrastructure and construction
- Solid waste reclamation/management
- Wastewater treatment
- Green and sustainable technology
- Energy Saving
- Advanced manufacturing
Applicants are only required to submit a "Preliminary Proposal" or a research brief prior to submitting a "Full Proposal". Submission of "Preliminary Proposal" is via the MRC ILF online system. All research projects are required to have an industry collaborator to be eligible for the funding. The project leader is required to identify an industry partner and specify the role of the industry partner in the application.
Research proposal can be submitted throughout the year.
The quantum of fund approved will be assessed based on the project proposal and is up to the maximum of RM300,000 for both full grant and matching grant. The duration of each project shall not be more than 3 years from the commencement date. The funding can be utilised for the following categories of research expenditure.
- Wages and Allowance
- Travel and Transportation
- Research Materials and Supplies
- Minor Modifications and Repairs
- Special Services (e.g. sample testing and analysis)
- Prototype Development
Attached are the ILF Brochure and Application Guideline for your reference. If you require further assistance and clarifications, do not hesitate to contact the secretariat at the following details:
Phone No: (603) 2782 2100
RESEARCH MANAGEMENT CENTRE