MANAGEMENT SERVICES DIVISION
DATES OF PAYROLL ACTIVITIES FOR THE YEAR 2020
Payroll activities for the year 2020 shall be as below:
1. SALARY FOR PART TIME WORKERS
Date of salary payment for part time workers are fixed on 15th day of each month.
Part-time (administrative) - The online part-time claim must be verified latest by 4th day of each month.
Part-time claim (academic) - All completed and duly approved documents must be submitted as per date in the schedule.
2. SALARY FOR STAFF OF IIUM
|Month||Last submission date of completed documents|
Government’s Schedule / Proposed University’s Schedule
|January||26th December||16th January||Chinese New Year on 25th & 26th January 2020 (Saturday & Sunday)|
|February||4th February||24th February|
|March||5th March||25th March|
|April||3rd April||23rd April|
|May||23rd April||14th May||Eid ul-Fitr on 24th & 25th May 2020 (Sunday & Monday)|
|June||5th June||22th June|
|July||3rd July||23rd July||Eid ul_adha on 31st July & 1st August 2020 (Friday & Saturday)|
|August||5th August||25th August|
|September||4th September||24th September|
|October||5th October||26th October|
|November||5th November||25th November||Deepavali on 14th November 2020 (Saturday)|
|December||27th November||17th December|
Christmas on 25th December 2020 (Friday)
*Source : “Circular Letter of Accountant General’s Department of Malaysia No.7 Year 2019”
IMPORTANT NOTES :
1. Please make sure that all documents are complete and to be submitted within the stipulated time as per the above schedule.
2. Payment of eligible claims shall be made within the same month subject to submission of complete documents within the stipulated date otherwise, the claims shall be processed in the following payroll month.
3. All non-fixed allowances must be claimed using the specified form which can be downloaded from the MSD website. Please select Financial Tab.
4. All claims must be submitted within 3 months from the date of the events/programmes. Staff who have submitted their claims are requested to check the release of payments in the payslip accordingly. Any complaints for non-payment of submitted claims which are reported to Payroll & Financial Services Unit after the 3-month eligibility period shall not be entertained and eligibility shall be considered as lapsed.
5. Payslip may be viewed 3 days before payday. Any discrepancies may be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org and correction will only be entertained if it is reported on that particular day.
6. Claims that must be submitted through Finance Zone Office of respective Kulliyyahs/Centres/Divisions/Institutes/Office are as follows :
- Part-time (academic)
- Extra teaching claim
- Overtime / extra working hours claim
- Shift allowance
- On call claim
- Honorarium for IIUM staff