INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF ISLAMIC THOUGHT AND CIVILISATION (ISTAC-IIUM)
ISTAC Conference of 2023
(In celebration of 40 Years of IIUM)
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON RENEWAL AND REFORM OF ISLAMIC THOUGHT AND CIVILISATION (ICRITC'23)
Enriching Islamic Discourse for Global Civilisational Discourse
المؤتمر العالمي الأول لتجديد وإصلاح التفكير الإسلامي والحضارة
إغناء الخطاب الإسلامي من أجل المواكبة الحضارية الكونية
17-19 November, 2023
International Institute of Islamic Thought and Civilisation,
International Islamic University Malaysia (ISTAC-IIUM)
المعهد العالمي للفكر الإسلامي والحضارة، الجامعة الإسلامية العالمية ماليزيا
Click to Register/انقر للتسجيل : http://www.bit.ly/3Z9JLCg
Please download brochures for more information regarding conference:
ENGLISH BROCHURE OF ICRITC'23 (1)
ENGLISH BROCHURE OF ICRITC'23 (2)
ARABIC BROCHURE OF ICRITC'23 (1)
ARABIC BROCHURE OF ICRITC'23 (2)
Objectives of the conference are as follows:
- Analyse the state and contributions of Islamic thought and civilisation from historical, present, and future perspectives in the context of MADANI, tamadun, and civilisational approaches.
- Discuss global political, environmental, and economic governance situations and issues and explore solutions from an Islamic civilisational perspective in modern times.
- Engage and urge Islamic universities, institutions, organisations, civil societies, educational, religious, and cultural players, and scholars to collaborate to renew and reform Islamic thought and civilisation.
- Explore the emergence of thought for 'revivalism, renewal and reform' of Muslim societies and identify the relevance of the thoughts of past and present scholars to the present-day circumstances facing the Ummah and the World.
- Look criticality of the methodology and measures for the renewal and reform of Islamic civilisation and sustainable development of Muslim societies using transdisciplinary, interdisciplinary, and multidisciplinary approaches that integrate natural science, social sciences, humanities, revealed knowledge and values.
- Build "Masyarakat MADANI" - Islamic civil society based on ethics and morality; good governance; free from exploitation, discrimination, and abuses heralded by establishments, as an alternative to liberal market capitalism.
- Foster and foresee and address futurist challenges and issues facing Malaysia, the ASEAN community, the Islamic world, and the world at large.
- Recommend solutions and have resolutions passed by the conference on the renewal and reform of Islamic thought and civilisation.
Call for Papers
All prospective participants/authors are cordially invited to submit original and unpublished works for presentation and publication at the conference and proceedings, respectively. All submissions are subjected to peer review before an acceptance decision is made. Papers may address but are not restricted to, the main theme from any of the sub-themes as mentioned on the conference website. Unlisted but related sub-topics are also acceptable.
Abstract Submission: 31 May 2023
Full Paper Submission: 31 August 2023
Acceptance Notification: 15 September 2023
Issuance of Invitation letter: 30 September 2023 (In case of visa application for foreign delegates)
Full Paper Submission
The full manuscript must be submitted as an MS Word file in DOC or DOCX format (PDF format is not accepted). The length of full papers should be between 6000 to 7000 words. Please submit your full paper before the deadline. All manuscripts must be thoroughly checked for errors and formatted according to the full paper template that can be downloaded from the website. Manuscripts that are not properly prepared will be returned to the authors for revision and resubmission.
The conference organiser will confer e-Certificate to the participants and for the followings:
1. Best Paper Award- to the qualified paper(s) as recommended by the ‘Review Committee’.
Selection of best paper will be based on the followings:
i. originality of the research,
ii. contribution to body of knowledge,
iii. total no of words for abstract not exceeding 250 words,
iv. total number of pages of full paper (10-12 pages long),
v. fonts, spacing, paragraphing as per the full paper template provided and
vi. timely submission latest by, 31 May, 2023.
2. Book Prize (books on the Renewal and Reform of Islamic Thought and Civilisation - call for submissions);
3. Thesis Prize - thesis from similar Islamic universities. Malaysian, Muslims universities on the
topics of renewal and reform of Islamic thought and civilisation.
All accepted papers will be published in conference proceeding and peer-reviewed international
journals in ISTAC-IIUM Al-Shajarah Journal (SCOPUS/WoS) and other indexed Citation and Info metrics Division
(formerly known as Malaysia Citation Index) Journals and Google Scholar.
•English •Arabic • Bahasa Melayu
Presenters have options to whether present physically (face-to-face), or virtually (online or pre-recorded presentations). Pre-recorded videos should not exceed 15 minutes of length. All presentations will be recorded and be posted on our YouTube Channel ISTAC TV. Live sessions only include opening and closing ceremony of the conference.
Location of Conference:
International Institute of Islamic Thought and Civilisation (ISTAC-IIUM),
24, Persiaran Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin, Bukit Tunku, 50480 Kuala Lumpur.
SCAN TO LOCATE ISTAC-IIUM:
LINK TO ISTAC-IIUM via WAZE:
All presenters and participants must pre-book with the conference organisers for hotel bookings. A link will be provided soon. Take note that all presenters and participants shall bear all the cost of accommodation and traveling except for keynote and invited speakers.
The host will provide lunch at the conference venue to all the registered participants of the Conference for the duration of the conference.
For more information on visa requirements: https://www.imi.gov.my/index.p...
Person in Charge:
Professor Khaliq Ahmad : +603-6421-1245; email@example.com
Sister Normahanim Jumaat : +603-6421-1231; firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Nurul Ain Norman : +60192666447 (whatsapp) ; email@example.com