KULLIYYAH OF SCIENCE
Lab Management & Health Safety
Lab Management & Health Safety
Welcome to the Laboratory Management and Health Safety page.
In Kulliyyah of Science, we are very committed in conducting a healthy research and lab management ethics. Therefore, all of the lab users including staff and students are required to adhere to the rules and regulations as stated in the handbook.
Feel free to download our handbook and forms !
- Lab Management Handbook Kulliyyah of Science
- Health Safety & Environmental Management System Booklet
- Flow Chart equipment and services booking
- List of Instruments and Charges Rate for Sample Analysis Services
- Payment Approval Form
- Request Quotation Form
- Sample Analysis Service Request Form
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contact any of us below
Head of Laboratory
Senior Science Officer
To be updated soon
IIUM IBBC (Institutional Biosafety and Biosecurity Committee) is responsible to oversee research and teaching that deals with Living Modified Organism (LMO), infectious and potentially infectious agent/materials and biological toxins. It is formed with the objective of protecting human particularly IIUM community and the environment from the harm of activities related to the biological agents. It is also formed partly because of following the government requirement to adhere to the Biosafety Act 2007, Biosafety (Approval and Notification) Regulation 2010 and other related regulations. IIUM IBBC was registered with National Biosafety Board (NBB) on 9th September 2015.
The IBBC members are appointed by the Rector of IIUM and currently under the purview of Deputy Rector (Responsible Research and Innovation) Office. The functions of IIUM IBBC include but are not limited to the following:
- providing guidance for safe use of biotechnology
- monitoring activities dealing with biotechnology
- establishing and monitoring the implementation of policies and procedures for the purpose of handling LMO, infectious and potentially infectious agent materials and biological toxins
- determining the classes of Biosafety Levels (BSL) for contained use activity for the purpose of biotechnology research and development undertaken within a facility where the IBBC is established.
IBBC Preliminary Assessment Form : Downloadable Forms (iium.edu.my)
For any enquiries, you can contact KOS IBBC Associaciate Members
- Sr. Che Nor Zarida Che Seman
- Assoc Prof. Dr. Zarina Zainuddin
KULLIYYAH OF SCIENCE EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM CHART (UPDATED; 19 APRIL 2017)
Kindly please find the attachment file for the latest Kulliyyah of Science Emergency Response Team (ERT) for your kind perusal
Please be aware, during any emergency evacuation, you should always follow instruction given by appointed ERT members to ensure the effectiveness of planned evacuation procedure.
Should you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact KOSHSEC Secretary Br. Hasrul Afizan Mohd Din at ext. 5034 or or Assistant Secretary Br. Muhammad Hasrul Erwan Nyak Hussain at ext. 5033.
BR HASRUL AFIZAN MOHD DIN
Kindly click here to get a better resolution