Certificate in Healthcare Facility Management
The Certificate in Healthcare Facility Management programme is carefully designed to meet a stringent yet strong demand for facility managers in Malaysia's rapidly growing healthcare industry. The programme is in line with the government's initiatives to make Malaysia's healthcare industry the leading healthcare facility provider in the world and the best in medical tourism in the South East Asia Region.
The programme has been developed in collaboration with the Ministry of Health Malaysia and key industry players to fulfill their stringent requirements as a certified healthcare facility manager for both the public and private sectors in the country.
Who Should Apply?
- Working healthcare professionals seeking to increase their facility management skills.
- Professionals looking to transition into the healthcare industry.
- Healthcare environmental service managers.
- Hospital and healthcare facility administrators, chief executives, and facility management staff. Appropriate for medical and non-medical personnel.
Among the subjects included in the programmes are the following:
- Fundamental of Facility Management
- Healthcare Facility Management
- Building and Office Administration
- Facility Management and Maintenance
- Healthcare Standards and Building Laws
- Financial Accounting
- Shari'ah Compliance
- Project Management
- Communication and Customer Relations
- Project Paper
|Duration of Programme
|Medium of Instruction
|Bilingual - English and Bahasa Malaysia
|Lectures and seminars
- Diploma holder in relevant fields from institutions recognized by IIUM with a minimum 1 year working experience, or
- Degree holder in relevant fields from university recognized by IIUM with a minimum 6 months working experience, or
- Participants who do not meet the minimum entry requirements will be subjected to an interview, with the interviewers' decision being final.
After successfully completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate a strong technical knowledge of environmental services and how to effectively utilize resources.
- Oversee healthcare facility operations management and regulatory compliance.
- Display an intimate knowledge of how to properly operate and maintain building systems and equipment.
- Effectively participate in the planning and design of healthcare facilities.