The half day Hikmah Pedagogy workshop introduces to participants the Hikmah Pedagogy as a method of teaching and developing critical, creative and ethical thinking. Adopted from the Philosophy for Children programme (P4CP) that is widely practiced throughout the world, the Hikmah Pedagogy has been developed to suit the needs of Malaysian society and school context. It can be delivered as a stand-alone or as an infusion approach. This particular workshop allows participants to experience the pedagogy first hand using different materials and activities.
The objectives of this workshop are to:
- Introduce and expose the Hikmah Pedagogy to participants
- Understand the importance of critical, creative and ethical thinking skills.
- Understand the Philosophy for Children Programme practiced throughout the world
- Practise the Hikmah Pedagogy using non textual material
- Introduce Game activity as a way to stimulate thinking
At the end of this workshop, participants would be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of a Community of Inquiry
- Engage in a critical discussion
- Identify the leading concept in the material
- Generate questions of higher order thinking (HOT) from the material discussed.
- Use games to stimulate students’ thinking
Schedule of the The Hikmah Pedagogy workshop:
|9.00am – 10.30am||Ice-breaking
|10.30am – 11.00am||Break|
|11.00am – 12.00pm||Video
|12.00pm – 1.00pm||Concept game