INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF ISLAMIC THOUGHT AND CIVILISATION (ISTAC-IIUM)
International Institute of Islamic Thought and Civilisation (ISTAC-IIUM)
International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM), No.24, Persiaran Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin, Taman Duta, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
ISTAC EVENTS & ACTIVITIES CALENDAR
|ISTAC SEJAHTERA SCHOLARSHIP AND FINANCIAL ASSISTANSHIP (ISSFA)|
ISTAC-IIUM is pleased to announce that ISTAC SEJAHTERA SCHOLARSHIP AND FINANCIAL ASSISTANTSHIP (ISSFA) PROGRAMME is now open for application for Semester 2, 2021/2022.
Welcome to International Institute of Islamic Thought and Civilization (ISTAC), International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM), Kuala Lumpur. ISTAC is dedicated to engage in advanced level study and research about Islamic thought and civilization at the national and global levels with the goal to nurture comparative, cultural, and civilizational studies that is dedicated to the renewal of Islam and human civilization.
Its MISSION is to produce a new breed of academics and scholars, who are multi-lingual and multi-disciplinary in their expertise with knowledgeable understanding of the universal message of Islam for the advancement of Islamic thought and civilization who can address new challenges and concerns facing the Muslim Ummah and humanity which will enable meaningful living in the 21 st century globalized world.
|The main objectives of the ISTAC’s program are to: |
(1) Provide students with believer-oriented models of Islamic practice and its civilizational dimensions;
(2) Produce well-rounded graduates possessing skills and qualifications to benefit the society with practical application of Islamic belief and practice, thought and constructing civilization;
(3) Enhance knowledge of inter- religious understanding;
(4) Inculcate ethical integrity and other necessary skills required for engaging in various occupations and work capabilities for living harmoniously among different religions and cultures.
ISTAC’s niche areas include:
(1) Islamic Thought,
(2) Malay-Islamic Civilization,
(3) Comparative Religion and Intercultural Dialogue,
(4) Islam and Gender Equity,
(5) Epistemology, Spirituality and Intellectuality in Islamic Civilization,
(6) Peace and Security Studies,
(7) Reform (Islah) and Renewal (Tajdid) in Islamic History,
(8) Comparative Civilizational Studies,
(9) Islam and Futures Studies, and
(10) Ottoman civilization and the modern world.
ISTAC has international level of scholars and academics with expertise in Islamic thought and civilization and world recognized research contributions in its niche areas of specializations. Its library is one of the best with valuable manuscripts in Malay, Arabic, Ottoman Turkish, Persian and Urdu languages. There is plenty of opportunities for research in manuscript studies.