INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF ISLAMIC THOUGHT AND CIVILISATION (ISTAC-IIUM)
International Institute of Islamic Thought and Civilisation (ISTAC-IIUM)
International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM), No.24, Persiaran Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin, Taman Duta, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
ISTAC EVENTS & ACTIVITIES CALENDAR
Welcome to International Institute of Islamic Thought and Civilization (ISTAC), International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM), Kuala Lumpur. ISTAC is dedicated to engage in advanced level study and research about Islamic thought and civilisation at the national and global levels with the goal to nurture comparative, cultural, and civilisational studies that is dedicated to the renewal of Islam and human civilisation.
ISTAC has international level of scholars and academics with expertise in Islamic thought and civilisation and world-recognised research contributions in its niche areas of specialisations. Its library is one of the best with valuable manuscripts in Malay, Arabic, Ottoman Turkish, Persian and Urdu languages. There is plenty of opportunities for research in manuscript studies.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
ISTAC SCHOLARSHIP FUND FOR
EXCELLENT STUDENTS (I-SET)
|ISTAC SEJAHTERA SCHOLARSHIP AND FINANCIAL ASSISTANSHIP (ISSFA)|
ISTAC-IIUM is pleased to announce that ISTAC SEJAHTERA SCHOLARSHIP AND FINANCIAL ASSISTANTSHIP (ISSFA) PROGRAMME is now open for application for Semester 2, 2021/2022.
|The main objectives of the ISTAC’s program are to: |
(1) ISTAC-IIUM advancing the Cause of Renewal of Islamic Thought & Civilisation for Global Relevance.
(2) Nurturing Quality & value-driven Scholars and graduates for balanced civilisational development.
(3) Positioning ISTAC-IIUM as a Leading Centre of transformation and knowledge creation and application for societal sustainable development.
(4) Championing responsible integrated research (Inter-multi & transdisciplinary).
(5) Advancing Malay world Islamic Civilisation Studies.
(6) Leading in spiritual, cultural & civilisational integrated niche area
|ISTAC’s niche areas include: |
(1) Islamic Thought, Civilization and Sustainable Development
(2) Epistemology, Spirituality and Intellectuality in Islamic Civilisation
(3) Religious and Comparative Civilizational Studies
(4) Malay‐Islamic Civilisation and the Modern World
(5) Peace and Security Studies from a Civilizational Perspective
(6) Islam, Family and Gender Studies