CENTRE FOR FOUNDATION STUDIES
Centre for Foundation Studies
International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
Pahang Darul Makmur,Malaysia
Phone: +609 518 3400/2520
Registration & Scheduling Matters
Phone: +609 518 2520/2522/2528
Examination & Graduation Matters
Phone: +609 518 2524/2525/2519/2521
Any matters related to CFS, please email
The Administration and Services Department is responsible for providing basic amenities and facilities for students and staff at the Centre for Foundation Studies campuses. The setting up of the Administration and Services Unit is to ensure that the basic facilities and amenities provided to students and staff are adequate for students and staff. The Administration and Services Department comprises:
a) Administration Unit
The Administration Unit is responsible for
- Supervision of IIUM Properties The Administration Unit is responsible for the supervision of IIUM Properties to ensure that the basic amenities i.e., electrical supply, water supply and other basic amenities provided to students and staff are clean, safe and in good working order. The duties of IIUM Properties entail minor civil works i.e., pest control, building maintenance, landscape care, sewerage treatment (management), minor electrical and mechanical work.
- Renovation and Upgrading Work The Administration Unit is also responsible for the supervision of renovation and upgrading work set out by the Development Division of the Centre for Foundation Studies campuses.
b) Public Relations
This unit has been entrusted with the responsibility of handling matters pertaining to the public relations of the Centre for Foundation Studies. Among the services rendered are providing publicity for the Centre, receiving visitors, dealing and coordinating with the mass media, preparing printing materials such as pamphlets, folders, markers, posters, preparing materials for exhibitions, expos and outreach programmes, as well as amassing newspaper articles on the IIUM, and educational materials.
c) Services Unit
The Services Unit is responsible for supervising and monitoring support services provided to the community of the Centre for Foundation Studies campuses. The unit is responsible for supervising and monitoring university vehicles, public address systems and telecommunication systems.
- University Vehicles is responsible for supervising and monitoring the movement and maintenance of university vehicles Cooperate with the Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan (JPJ), PUSPAKOM and the LPKP in the renewal of road tax and permits booking of university vehicles for students and staff of the university.
- Telecommunication System ensures that the VOIP System, telephone lines and other systems at the campuses are in excellent working condition.
- Public Address System (PA System) is to ensure that the Public Address System (PA system) in the administration buildings and mahallahs are in good working condition. Booking of the Public Address System i.e., microphones, loud speakers for programmes organized by students, staff and the public. This includes off-campus programmes organized by the University.
- Cafeteria Outlets are responsible for supervising and monitoring cafeteria services at the Centre for Foundation Studies. They are also responsible for preparing contract documents for the cafeteria operators. Cafeterias are located at the all mahallahs and the Administration Building.
- Service Outlets are responsible for supervising and monitoring service outlets at the Centre for Foundation Studies and for preparing contract documents for service operators.
Types of service outlets available at the Centre for Foundation Studies, IIUM
At present, launderette services are available at the Mahallah Al-Biruni, Mahallah Khalid, Mahallah Maimunah and Mahallah Talhah. The operational hours are from 9.00 a.m. till 12.00 p.m.
Sundry shops are conveniently located at all mahallahs and the Administrative Building. These shops operate from 8.00 a.m. till 12.00 p.m.
The IIUM Cooperative Book Store is located in the Central Building. Text books and other classroom materials are available at the book store.
Cyber cafés are located in all mahallahs and the Administrative Building. The operating hours are from 10.00 a.m. till 12.00 p.m.
Photocopy centres are located in some mahallahs and the Administrative Building. The operating hours are from 8.00 a.m. till 12.00 p.m.
d) Guidance and Counseling Unit
This unit offers to help students to find ways to overcome their emotional and psychological difficulties, thus enabling them to build their self-confidence and self-esteem, exercise their self determination, realize and achieve their self-potential, and become positive contributors to our society. The functions of this unit are:
- to provide excellent and effective counseling for students’ self development and enhancement
- to provide career guidance services to enable students to explore their career potential
- to administer personality and psychological assessment to students to identify their personality profile, thus understanding them better.
- to assist students to enhance their academic performance and spiritual development
- to assist students to manage and cope with their daily life challenges
- to instill positive thinking amongst students for their personal and social well-being.
The unit is ready to guide and help students to overcome existing challenges on campus. It is hoped that through the counseling and consultation process and self-development and enhancement programmes, our students are able to achieve the following objectives:
- better understanding of oneself
- develop self-awareness and identify their true potential
- enhance their self-esteem and level of confidence
- be able to set clear goals in their lives
- develop career awareness and identify their career path
- be able to make wise decision for themselves
- cope with their daily life challenges and become positive persons.