KULLIYYAH OF SCIENCE
The Department of Marine Science aims to provide a foundation to the students to the basic understanding of marine sciences, expose them to technology and advancement made in the field and introduce critically thinking to discuss current issues and manage the marine environment. The program has minor in Islamic Revealed Knowledge in addition to the core Marine subjects. This will generate competently and skilled marine scientists who will contribute to nation-building and be the pride of Muslim Ummah.
The Department of Marine Science has her first intake of undergraduate students in September 2014. The program constitutes of 4 years study plan and offers THREE (3) concentrations:
- integrated coastal and zone management (ICZM)
- aquaculture and sea farming
- fisheries and postharvest technology
Graduated Marine Science students will serve the government and non-government agencies such as the Fisheries Department, Maritime Enforcement, Ministry of Science and Technology, researchers in universities, private companies or related agencies, Academia, navy services, Consultancy Companies etc.
- Produce professionals who are able to optimize the use of technology in assessing, analyzing and utilizing marine resources
- Nurture continuous education for advancing knowledge and skills in marine science and technology to marine scientists
- Produce professionals with ability to integrate their technical knowledge and skill with Islamic values and ethics
- Produce knowledgeable and professional marine scientist to serve the society, public and private sectors, and the whole Muslim ummah.
- Produce competent and skillful graduates in the field of marine science and technology in accordance with the University mission and vision
- Increase the number of professionals in marine science and technology sector to fulfill the national and international demands
Department of Marine Science Kulliyyah of Science, International Islamic University Malaysia, Bandar Indera Mahkota, 25200 Kuantan, Pahang, Malaysia.
Phone No: +609 570 5131 Fax No: +609 570 6789
LIST OF DEPARTMENT RESEARCH AREA
1. Agricultural, agricultural science and technology
3. Aquatic ecology
4. Agro waste and aquatic environment
5. Algae and microalgae
6. Biology and culture of invertebrates as live feeds
7. Chemical oceanography
8. Coastal and marine environmental law, and policy
9. Coastal geomorphology and morphodynamics
10. Coastal management
11. Coastal oceanography
12. Coastal processes and sedimentology
13. Coral diseases
14. Coral reefs
15. Demand feeding system
16. Environmental governance
17. Environmental, marine and aquatic pollution
18. Fish behavior
19. Fish biology
20. Fish breeding and genetic
21. Fish diversity
22. Fish health and diseases
23. Fish immunology and immunohistology
24. Fish nutrition
25. Fish population dynamics
26. Fish taxonomy
27. Fish vaccine development
28. Fish visual sensitivity
29. Fisheries economic and marketing
30. Fisheries management
31. Fisheries technology
32. Flood management
33. Geographic information system (GIS)
34. Harmful algal blooms (HABs) and Toxins
35. Integrated coastal zone management (ICZM)
36. Isotope geochemistry in ocean and atmosphere
37. Live feed culture
38. Mangrove and wetlands management
39. Marine aerosol radiochemistry
40. Marine biodiversity
41. Marine biogeochemistry
42. Marine biotechnology
43. Marine conservation
44. Marine ecology
45. Marine radionuclides
46. Marine toxicology
47. Numerical modeling and flow simulations in hydrodynamics
48. Ocean acidification
49. Oceanography and marine ecosystem (modelling and simulations)
50. Optimum larval rearing conditions
53. Post harvest
54. Rare earth element
55. Remote sensing for marine applications
56. Seed production
57. Taxonomy and ecology of marine copepods
59. Water quality
- Mustapha, Siti Nurafiqah and John, Akbar and Sheikh, Hassan I and Khan Chowdhury, Ahmed Jalal and Yunus, Kamaruzzaman (2020) Acute-lethal toxicity test on juvenile Oreochromis niloticus exposed to Piper betle extract under static exposure. Ecofeminism and Climate Change. pp. 1-9. ISSN 2633-4062
- Ab Wahab, Siti Umi Kalthum and Abu Samah, Mohd Armi and Sabuti, Asnor Azrin and Yunus, Kamaruzzaman and Khan Chowdhury, Ahmed Jalal and John, Akbar and Mohd Aris, Mohd Shukri and Mohamad, Mohd Azrul Naim and Abdul Hamid, Azzmer Azzar (2020) Environmental forensic study: tracing of pollution sources using environmetric technique in Balok and Tunggak Rivers near Gebeng industrial area, Kuantan, Pahang, Malaysia. Desalination and Water Treatment, 191. pp. 118-125. ISSN 1944-3994 E-ISSN 1944-3986
- Abd Aziz, Norhazirah and Ghazali, Adiana and Yunus, Kamaruzzaman and Annual, Zurahanim Fasha and Ahmad, Ali and Ong, Meng Chuan (2020) Longtail Tuna (Thunnus tonggol) consumption frequency in Terengganu, Malaysia. Open Journal of Marine Science, 10. pp. 141-148. ISSN 2161-7384 E-ISSN 2161-7392
- Rosman, Putri Shazlia and Abu Samah, Mohd Armi and Yunus, Kamaruzzaman and Mohd Hussain, Mohd Ramzi and Azmi, Mohd Zikri (2020) Quality air monitoring equipment: the review of air quality monitoring equipment. International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, 29 (9s). pp. 1826-1835. ISSN 2005-4238 E-ISSN 2207-6360
- Yunus, Kamaruzzaman and M.A, Zuraida and John, Akbar (2020) A review on the accumulation of heavy metals in coastal sediment of Peninsular Malaysia. Ecofeminism and Climate Change. ISSN 2633-4062 Item availability restricted.
- Ahmad, Zuhairi and Mohd Jinah, Muhammad Idzham Helmi and Saad, Shahbudin (2020) Comparison of 3D coral photogrammetry and coral video transect for coral lifeform analysis using low-cost underwater action camera. ASEAN Journal on Science & Technology for Development, 37 (1). pp. 15-20. ISSN 0217-5460 E-ISSN 2224-9028 Item availability restricted.
- Mohammad Noor, Normawaty and Mohd Suberi, Ima Amirah and Darnis, Deny Susanti and Mukai, Yukinori and Iqbal, Anwar and Adam, Aimimuliani (2020) Mitigation of Alexandrium tamiyavanichii using active fractions from ethanol extract of ornamental plant, Sansevieria trifasciata. Science Heritage Journal (GWS), 4 (1). pp. 19-23. ISSN 2521-0858 E-ISSN 2521-0866
- Mohd Razman, Mohd Azraai and Abdul Majeed, Anwar P.P. and Musa, Rabiu Muazu and Taha, Zahari and Susto, Gian Antonio and Mukai, Yukinori (2020) Concluding remarks. In: Machine Learning in Aquaculture. SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology . Springer, Singapore, pp. 59-60. ISBN 978-981-15-2236-9 Item availability restricted.
- Mohd Razman, Mohd Azraai and P. P. Abdul Majeed, Anwar and Musa, Rabiu Muazu and Taha, Zahari and Susto, Gian-Antonio and Mukai, Yukinori (2020) Machine learning in aquaculture: hunger classification of Lates calcarifer. Springer Singapore, Singapore. ISBN 978-981-15-2236-9 Item availability restricted.
- Azizan, Nur Hafizah and Abdul Rahim, Mohd Syafiq and Zainal Abidin, Zaima Azira and Sharif, Mohd Faez and Chowdury, Ahmed Jalal (2020) Screening of biodegradation potential for n-alkanes and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon among isolates from the north-western tip of Pahang. Desalination and Water Treatment, 191. pp. 207-212. ISSN 1944-3994 E-ISSN 1944-3986
- Mohd-Salleh, Sarahaizad and Nishizawa, Hideaki and Mohd Sah, Shahrul Anuar and Khan Chowdhury, Ahmed Jalal (2020) Reproductive seasonality and environmental effects in green turtle (Chelonia mydas) nesting at Penang Island, Malaysia. Journal of the Marine Biological Association of the United Kingdom, 100 (4). pp. 645-650. ISSN 0025-3154 E-ISSN 1469-7769 Item availability restricted.
- Zainal Abidin, Zaima Azira and Badaruddin, Puteri Nur Ezzati and Khan Chowdhury, Ahmed Jalal (2020) Isolation of heavy metal resistance bacteria from lake sediment of IIUM, Kuantan. Desalination and Water Treatment, 188. pp. 431-435. ISSN 1944-3994 E-ISSN 1944-3986 Item availability restricted.
- Zainal Abidin, Zaima Azira and Zolkeflia, Nurhasliza and Shahari, Rozilawati and Khan Chowdhury, Ahmed Jalal (2020) Endophytic bacteria of Anisophyllea disticha (Raja Berangkat) from tropical lake environment in Malaysia. Desalination and Water Treatment, 188. pp. 282-287. ISSN 1944-3994 E-ISSN 1944-3986 Item availability restricted.
- Mansor, Nur Nazifah and Khan Chowdhury, Ahmed Jalal and Ridzuan, Mohd Syafiq and Mohd Khalid, Hazreen Nita and Mahmood, Syakeera (2020) Epidemiology of emerging diseases and disorders in cage cultured Pangasius spp. in Pahang, Malaysia. Project Report. UNSPECIFIED. (Unpublished) Item availability restricted.
- Ahmad, Zuhairi and Azman, Nur Shahira Azlyn and Md. Rosli, Nur Suhaila and Mustapa, Mohd Zaini (2020) Land-use classification and mapping using landsat imagery for GIS database in Langkawi Island. Science Heritage Journal (GWS), 4 (2). pp. 40-44. ISSN 2521-0858 E-ISSN 2521-0866
- Hamsan, Muhammad Amirul Syafiq and Ramli, Muhammad Zahir (2020) Rip current occurrence probability at selected recreational beaches along Pahang coastline. Ecofeminism and Climate Change, Ahead of print. pp. 1-14. ISSN 2633-4062
- Md. Rosli, Nur Suhaila and Ahmad, Zuhairi and Azman, Nur Syahira Azlyn and Mustapa, Mohd Zaini (2019) Soil data definition for hydrologic response unit (HRU) analysis in soil water assessment tool (SWT) model of Langkawi Island, Malaysia. In: International Conference on Oceanography and Sustainable Marine Production (ICOSMAP) 2019, 29 - 31 October 2019, Vistana Hotel, Kuantan, Pahang. (Unpublished) Item availability restricted.
- Fitri, Muhammad and Kawada, Gyo and Enomoto, Masahiro and Tomiya, Atsushi and Watanabe, Masato and Morishita, Daigo and Izumi, Shigehiko and Nakajima, Masamichi (2020) Mutations observed in mitochondrial DNA of salmon collected in Mano River, Fukushima Prefecture, Japan. In: Low-dose radiation effects on animals and ecosystems. Springer, Singapore, pp. 89-98. ISBN 978-981-13-8217-8
- Rahman, Mohammad Mustafizur and Hassan, Hamidah (2020) Water quality influence the phytoplankton and bacteria abundance: a comparison between shallow freshwater and saltwater ponds. Desalination and Water Treatment, 188. pp. 436-443. ISSN 1944-3994 E-ISSN 1944-3986
- Rahman, Mohammad Mustafizur and Samat, Amira F. (2020) Reproductive cycle, sexual maturity and fecundity of Nemipterus furcosus (Valenciennes, 1830). Aquaculture and Fisheries. (In Press)
- Mohd Hanapiah, Muhammad Faiz and Saad, Shahbudin and Ahmad, Zuhairi (2020) Broadcast spawning pattern of Acropora cytherea and Acropora clathrata from Inshore Reef Area in Kuantan Coastal Region. Science Heritage Journal, 4 (2). pp. 32-36. ISSN 2521-0858 E-ISSN 2521-0866
- Hanapiah, Muhammad Faiz and Saad, Shahbudin and Ahmad, Zuhairi (2020) Dispersal pattern of coral larvae in Kuantan coastal waters, Malaysia. Science Heritage Journal (GWS), 4 (1). pp. 13-18. ISSN 2521-0858 E-ISSN 2521-0866
- Hanapiah, Muhammad Faiz and Saad, Shahbudin and Ahmad, Zuhairi (2020) Hydrodynamic modelling in inshore reef area within Kuantan coastal region. Journal Clean WAS (JCleanWAS), 4 (1). pp. 1-7. ISSN 2521-0912 E-ISSN 2521-0513 Item availability restricted.