Annual General Meeting of SRC 2018/2019 reflects success of mission
Tarikh : 12 October 2019
Dilaporkan Oleh : Roslan Bin Rusly
Kategori : News
By Alya Nadiah(IIUM Today)
GOMBAK - – After a one-year tenure of making sure IIUM students’ needs were fulfilled, the Annual General Meeting of Students’ Representative Council (SRC) was successfully held at Main Auditorium, IIUM Gombak, last night (10 October 2019).
“We believe that through various activities and programmes, the SRC IIUM 2018/2019 has successfully fulfilled the mission and vision for this tenure,” the President of SRC 2018/2019, Ahmad Irham bin Dollah said.
“We are currently working on the plastic bottle issue and fee increment for the plastic bottle issue, and we have successfully urged the university management to lift the ban, and we are scheduled to present our solution proposal to the Rector tomorrow (11 October),” he added.
Some of the programmes they have carried out in order to achieve their mission include:
- Welfare – Suspended meal IIUM, Mahabbah Food Bank, Drive2Help car, Secondhand bookstore, IIUM Student Edible Garden and Waqaf Walkway
- Intellectualism – Mental Health Symposium, IIUM Brilliance, Voice of Youth, The Story of Hadith, Path Sustainable Pasture, Documentation Workshop, Students Excellence Program, i-Congrats induction and Rise Mental Health Symposium
- Islamisation – Congregational Subuh Prayer Campaign (COSPAC), Subuh Fit, Ramadhan Project, and The Amazing of Juzu’ Amma (AJAM)
- Activism – Conference of Student Union, TownHalll: Student Union, Down to Earth, Kembara Bakti Masjid, Women Empowerment Project and The Malaysia Book Record (Biggest Palm Print Banner)
- Integration – Spordemic, IIUM Disability Grand Awareness Campaign (IDGAC), Buddies Club, i-Congrats, SRC Appreciation Night, IIUM E-Sport Festival, and FIT IIUM Campaign
- Entrepreneurship – Global Entrepreneurship Symposium (GES), Hari Usahawan Malaysia ASEAN (HUMA), Workshop on Entrepreneurship Training Series (WEST)
According to the programme report, along the year, 55 programmes have been carried out and completed by 13 February 2019 and will end on 6 December this year.
On the financial report, throughout the year the SRC had generated an income totalling RM167,966.08 and spent RM93,607.78, leaving a balance of RM74,358.30 to the university. ***