Collaboration Agreement (CA) Ceremony between International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) and Boustead Naval Shipyard (BNS) Sdn. Bhd.
Tarikh : 08 April 2019
Dilaporkan Oleh : 'ATIAH BT. ABDULLAH SIDEK
Kategori : News
EVENT NAME : Collaboration Agreement (CA) Ceremony between International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) and Boustead Naval Shipyard (BNS) Sdn. Bhd.
DATE/DAY : 28th March 2019/ Thursday
TIME : 3:30 pm – 4.00 pm
VENUE : Mahsuri International Exhibition Centre (MIEC), Langkawi
- Prof. Dr. Nor Faridah Abdul Manaf, Deputy Rector, Internationalisation and Global Network
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Khairul Azami Sidek, Deputy Director, Office of Industrial Links
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Yasir Mohd Mustafah, Deputy Director, Academic Management and Admission Division
- Haji Sidek Mohd Zamhri, Director of Operations, Boustead Naval Shipyard
- Ir Azhar Jumaat, Programme Director, Littoral Combat Ships
Boustead Naval Shipyard Sdn. Bhd. (BNS) is in the business of ship design, shipbuilding, ship repair and maintenance and has been awarded various projects by the Government of Malaysia. BNS is embarking on the Royal Malaysian Navy (RMN)’s new transformation and modernization plan called ’15-to-5 Transformation Plan’.
AREAS OF COLLOBORATION
The scopes of the responsibilities of the Parties for the purpose of the Project which aims to modify and innovate the Kedah-class Offshore Vessels for the RMN (referred to Existing Design). They also uphold the national aspiration towards self-reliance in the defence and security sector by tapping on expertise from local institutions such as IIUM in BNS’s effort to fulfil its obligations under the programme.