MASTER OF ADVANCED NURSING PRACTICE
The Master of Advanced Nursing Practice programme is designed for the candidates to acquire knowledge, skills and competency in the specialised area. The programme requires a minimum of two years of full-time study basis.
Students in this programme will experience clinical responsibilities in terms of patients’ assessment, nursing diagnosis, patients’ care planning, interventions, and evaluation of outcomes under supervision by the specialist. In the first year of study, students will be equipped with theoretical understanding relevant to the nursing discipline and advanced knowledge and skills of the specialised field. While, in the second year, the students require to undergo clinical practicum in the specialised area. This programme also requires the student to conduct research and produce a dissertation prior to the final examination. Currently, Kulliyyah of Nursing offers three speciality areas of Master of Advanced Nursing Practice including:
1. Master of Advanced Nursing Practice in Critical Care
2. Master of Advanced Nursing Practice in Emergency Care
3. Master of Advanced Nursing Practice in Renal Care
Duration of study
2 years full time.
· A relevant Bachelor’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent from IIUM or any other accredited institution of higher learning
· Applications from candidates with other certificates that are recognized as equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or relevant professional qualifications (Registered Nurse) and experience that are recognized by the Senate of the University
· Possess current Annual Practicing Certificate of Nursing in Malaysia WITH two to three years of clinical experience.
· Candidates must demonstrate a good command of the English Language. Our English language requirement is:
o TOEFL 500; or
o IELTS 5; or
o English Placement Test 5 (administered by the University)
· A relevant Award of Academic Qualifications (APEL Q) and APEL C qualifications upon Senate approval.
1. Application is open throughout the year. Students will be enrolled in the next available semester.
2. Intakes are two times per year: February / September
Postgraduate Tuition Fees