KULLIYYAH OF DENTISTRY
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN DENTISTRY (MScD) & DOCTOR IN ORTHODONTICS (DrOrth) (1+3 Dental Specialty Programme)
This application is for the 1+3 programme of Master of Science in Dentistry (UiTM) followed by Doctor in Orthodontics (IIUM).
Candidates are required to apply online through https://eadmission.iium.edu.my
1) Passport photo
2) National Identity Card **(certified true copy)
3) Degree / Master certificates **(certified true copy)
4) Examination Transcripts **(certified true copy)
5) Research Proposal
6) Two Referee Reports
7) IELTS certificate of at least band 7.0
8) Letter from Employer (evidence of minimum of 2 years experience)
9) Proof of funding
10) Primary examinations certificate (BMS/FRACDS/MJDF/MFDS) if any
11) Annual Practising Certificate (APC)
12) Application processing fee (RM100 for Malaysian/USD100 for International)
1) Applicant with Bachelor of Dental Surgery or equivalent qualifications
2) A minimum of 2 years clinical practice after basic degree, excluding the Master’s training
3) Registered with MDC and hold current APC or registered with the dental regulatory body in another country and eligible to be granted a Temporary Practicing Certificate (TPC) by the MDC
4) Health clearance according to UiTM and IIUM policy.
5) 2 referee reports
6) Passed entrance interview
7) Successful completion of the primary examination of the Joint Dental Faculties MJDF/MFDS/IMOrth or equivalent is desirable
8) IELTS overall band of at least 7.0
Applicants to clinical programmes need to provide evidence to the University that they are free from Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C upon acceptance into the programme.
Any enquiries, kindly contact:
Asst Prof Dr Noraini Abu Bakar
Programme Director, Doctor in Orthodontics IIUM
Phone No (DDPG Office): 09-5716400 ext. 5473
All information related to the course can be found here
The MScD programme is a scientific foundation course for the Doctorate in Clinical Dentistry.
The programme of study shall consist of major or compulsory courses: Research Design & Biostatistics, Multidisciplinary Health Sciences, Core Medical & Oral Sciences and together with the elective courses (Orthodontics).
The MScD courses, professional examination, continuous assessments and the research proposal must each be completed satisfactorily and passed.
Duration of Study
· Full time only
· Minimum 1 year (2 semesters); maximum 2 years (4 semesters)
Location of Study
Faculty of Dentistry, UiTM, Sungai Buloh Campus, Selangor
Study Fee (*Subject to review)
· Local: RM45,433
· International: RM59,063
DOCTOR IN ORTHODONTICS (DrOrth), IIUM
Upon successful completion of the MScD (UiTM), Residents shall proceed to enroll in the Doctor in Orthodontics (IIUM), a three-year doctorate Level 8 MQF programme.
This course is designed to provide clinical and academic training for future specialists in clinical orthodontics in a highly professional and fulfilling environment.
This three-year full-time course aims to equip a Resident with the skills needed to perform as a competent Specialist in Orthodontics, with focus on the clinical, theoretical and research areas required for provision of adequate patient care.
Upon successful completion of the course, the Resident will be awarded with the qualification of Doctor in Orthodontics IIUM.
Duration of Study:
• Full time only
• Minimum 3 years (6 semesters); maximum 4 years (8 semesters)
Location of Study
Kulliyyah of Dentistry, IIUM, Kuantan Pahang
• Local: RM220,000
• International: RM413,721