OFFICE OF THE CAMPUS DIRECTOR
IIUM Student Union
IIUM Student Union
Established In 2019. IIUM Student Union as the highest student body at IIUM exists to protect the interests of the students at the university and represent their voice in relation to other entities in the education ecosystem and society in general.
IIUM Student Union Election 22/23
On 28th May 2022, IIUM Election Commission had successfully conducted the election of IIUM Student Union for the year of 2022/2023. Alhamdulilah, with the total voters turnout 27.87% for all campuses, IIUM Student Union had established with the new lineup executive officers that will serve the student and all.
IIUM Student Union Kuantan Executive Officers 22/23
After the election took place and the new lineup had been established, IIUM Student Union Kuantan started to serve students with 13 Executive Officers coming from various background, kuliyyahs and academic years.
TIMELINE OF ESTABLISHMENT IN IIUM KUANTAN, MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND IIUM GOMBAK
The Ministry of Education planned to reform the higher education institutions firstly by tabling the motion to repeal the AUKU which was passed in the Parliament back in December 2018 and followed by the encouragement of establishing Student Union in each institution. Since then, a couple of events took place in IIUM Gombak. The first one is the townhall on Student Union establishment and then followed by Student Union establishment conference.
STUDENT UNION AWARENESS COMMITTEE
As an initiative to increase the student awareness on Student Union, SRC 18/19 formed a group of students to serve this objective called Student Union Awareness Committee (SUAC) with several initiatives taken.
STUDENT UNION WORKING COMMITTEE
After SRC dissolved during AGM, Student Union Working Committee was then formed to establish Student Union. Under Student Union Working Committee, they had several engagements and discussion concerning the establishment. SUWC also had a meet and greet session with Prof Dato' Dr. Arif Bin Osman, our then Deputy Campus Director Student Development and Community Engagement (DCDSDCE). To conclude, SUWC organized a forum with Sister Idayu, one of the forerunners of Student Union in Gombak campus together with the appointment of current SUPC.
STUDENT UNION PRO TEM COMMITTEE
The establishment of Student Union can be seen to be completed by phases in IIUM Kuantan starting from SUAC, SUWC and recently SUPC. Nevertheless, the Student Union establishment was planned and executed accordingly with the first phase proposed by the Ministry of Education (MOE) which revolves mostly regarding the students’ representative council autonomy in the university.
We believe in becoming the champion of IIUM students’ voices by advancing student representation in policymaking of the education institution and advocating for student autonomy in benefiting the community
To build students’ trust through grassroots engagement
To nurture holistic excellence in all our activities
Intellectual & Activism
To promote intellectualism and activism
- Attending to the interests and welfare of Students at IIUM throughout their course of study by representing their voices, supporting their concerns, and advising them.
- Acting as the recognized point of contact and representative body between Students and IIUM and any other external entities and providing activities and campaigns, forums and debates which will add value to the personal development of its Students whether religiously, intellectually, socially, culturally, or recreationally;
- In furtherance of the above objectives, the Association has the autonomy to
- provide services and facilities for its Members establish, support, promote & operate a network of student activities and
- fundraising for its Members
- provide or appoint others to give advice, guidance, representation and advocacy independently or in collaboration with other organizations
- carry out campaigning activities
- seek to influence public opinion
- represent to influence or seek to influence governmental and other bodies and institutions regarding the reform, development, and implementation of appropriate policies, legislation and regulations;
- initiate, write, commission, print, publish or distribute materials or information or assist in realizing the goals of its activities subject to the approval from the Ministry of Home Affairs;
- promote, initiate, develop or carry out education and training and arrange
- provide or assist with exhibitions, lectures, meetings, seminars or classes; and
- carry out or promote commission research, surveys, studies or other work, publish the results.
“For the students, by the students”.
Will be updated later.
Will be updated later.
|Address||IIUM Student Union (Kuantan),|
Office of the Campus Director,
International Islamic University Malaysia, Kuantan Campus,
Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah, Bandar Indera Mahkota,
25200 Kuantan, Pahang Darul Makmur,