The Kulliyyah of Architecture and Environmental Design (KAED) was established on 1st June 1996.The Kulliyyah offers programmes geared towards integrating Islamic values and tawhidic educational approach in the built environment profession.
KAED consists of five (5) departments as follows:
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Landscape Architecture
- Quantity Surveying
- Applied Arts and Design
KAED also have four (4) research clusters:
- KAED Universal Design Unit (KUDU)
- Procurement and Project Delivery System Research Unit (PPDSRU)
- International Islamic Heritage and Sustainable Conservation (IIHSC)
Islamic Architectural Heritage Research Unit (ISArcH)
The Kulliyyah (faculty) of Architecture and Environmental Design (KAED) is committed to deliver undergraduate and postgraduate academic programmes related to the built and natural environments. The programmes listed below are currently conducted by the Kulliyyah:
- Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture
- Bachelor of Quantity Surveying
- Bachelor of Applied Arts and Design
- Master of Urban and Regional Planning
- Master of Science in Building Services Engineering
- Master of Science in Asset and Facilities Management
- Master of Built Environment (by research)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Built Environment (by research)
- Master of Science in Quantity Surveying & International Procurement
- Master of Urban Management
Each programme is delivered using the latest techniques and technologies in teaching and learning and is facilitated by a team of highly qualified, experienced and dedicated Malaysian and international team of experts comprising of professors and lecturers and supporting administrative and technical staff. In addition, each programme is accredited by the respective academic and professional boards and/or institutions. One unique characteristic of all programmes is that they integrate Islamic world view and values with theory, practice and research thus, making KAED a world leader in efforts towards the Islamization of human knowledge (IOHK) related to the built and natural environments.
The construction and property sectors – within which graduates of the above programmes are normally employed or practiced – are often viewed by policy makers and others as the barometer of a country’s economy. Consequently, the operations of these critical sectors are continuously complex and dynamic; clients’ needs, project briefs and designs and construction techniques and management are never static and the project system therefore must respond readily and immediately to the changes in order to remain relevant, efficient and with the right value system.
Given such operating environments awaiting the professionals of the built and natural environments KAED endeavors to provide you with exciting challenges and fulfilling journey towards building up a successful career either in Architecture, Urban and Regional Planning, Landscape Architecture, Quantity Surveying, Applied Arts and Design, Building and Construction Technology and Management and beyond.