BOOK 8. KITAB AL-NIKAH
(The Book of Marriage )
- One who can support a wife should marry
- He who sees a woman, and his heart is affected, should
come to his wife, and should have intercourse with her
- Temporary marriage and its prohibition for all times to
- It is forbidden to combine a woman and her father's
sister or a woman and her mother's sister together
- Mubrim (one who is in the state of Ihram) is forbidden
to marry and the disapproval of giving the proposal
(in this state)
- Prohibition of one's making the proposal of marriage
when it has already been made by one's brother
until he permits or gives her up
- It is prohibited to contract shighar marriage
- Fulfilling of condition in marriage
- Seeking consent of al-Thayyib in marriage in words
and of a virgin in (meaningful) silence
- It is permissible for the father to give the hand of his
daughter in marriage even when she is not fully grown up
- Excellence of marrying or being married during the
month of Shawwal and excellence of taking bride in
the house during this month
- It is permissible to caste a glance at the face and the
palms of a woman who one intends to marry
- The dower
- Excellence of emancipatiiag a slave-girl and then
- Pertaining to the marriage of Zainab bint Jahsh with
the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him) and
verses pertaining to purdah veil)
- When one is invited to a wedding feast, one should
- It is not permissible to marry a woman who it divorced
by three pronouncements until she is married to
another, man and he has a sexual intercourse with
her, and then he abandons her and she completes her 'Idda
- What is to be suplicated at the time of sexual intercourse.
- Permissibility of having sexual intercourse with one's wife
from the front or from behind avoiding the anus.
- It is not permissible for a woman to abandon the bed of
- It is forbidden to divulge the secret of the woman.
- Al-Azl (incomplete sexual intercourse): Coitus Interruptus
- It is forbidden to have intercourse with a pregnant slave
- Permissibility of intercourse with a suckling lady and
disapproval of 'Azl.
- Kitab Al-Rada'a-Book pertaining to fosterage
- It is forbidden to marry the step daughter and the sister
of the wife (when the wife is alive and not divorced).
- One suckling or two do not make marriage unlawful.
- Suckling of a young (boy).
- It is permissible to have sexual intercourse with a captive
woman after she is purified (of menses or delivery) in case she has a husband, her marriage is
abrogated after she becomes captive.
- The child is attributed to one on whose bed it is born
and one must avoid suspicion.
- Tracing of relationship from physical features.
- How long after marrying one should stay with a virgin
or a woman previously married.
- Sharing visits to one's wives equally.
- Permissiblity of bestowing the turn on one's fellow-wife.
- Excellence of contracting marriage with a pious lady
- Excellence of marrying a virgin.
- The good of this world is the pious woman.
- Advice in regards to woman.