Master in Halal Industry Management (MAHIM)
This programme is offered in full research mode and is open to students with recognized undergraduate qualifications. The programme was designed to produce experts in halal who are able to create solutions to Ummatic issues and bring halal industry in harmony with Islamic teachings.
The aim of this programme is to offer graduates of different disciplines an opportunity to acquire knowledge and practice in the broad field of research and innovation in halal industry.
The objectives of the programme are as follow;
- To cater for higher level of demand in terms of comprehensive knowledge in the halal industry.
- To provide an opportunity for national and international graduates to pursue Master degree in Halal industry.
- To strengthen the theoretical and technical methodologies in the broad field of halal industry practices.
- To enhance the educational standards of INHART as well as IIUM among other world class universities through continuous learning process and advanced research.
- Bachelor degree in any field of Science & Technology, Art, Social Science and Religious Studies or;
- Other relevant disciplines from IIUM, any University or Institution recognized by IIUM Senate or;
- Any other qualifications with relevant working experience recognized by IIUM Senate are accepted for entry.
- Preference will be given to applicants having a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA 3.0 and above or its equivalent.
Required academic courses for graduation
All courses are audit courses with credit hour “0” except HART6300 (40 c.h). The audit courses must be taken for graduation purposes.
HART 6103 Research Methodology
HART 6197 Seminar
RKGS 6000 Values, Technology and Society
HART 6102 Advances Study on Legal and Administrative Control
HART 6201 Halal Industry and Advanced Technique Analysis
HART 6202 Fiqh 1 for Halal Industry Products and Services
HART 6203 Fiqh 2 for Halal Industry Products and Services
HART 6300 Research (Arts/Social Science)