Code of Ethics
CODE OF ETHIC
Students/staff that are selected as IIUM athlete are expected to adhere to the followings:
- Athletes must potray themselves as students/staff of International Islamic University Malaysia.
- Athletes must observe the general rules and regulations of students laid by the Students Discipline Rules 2004 (Amendment 2009).
- Athletes must respect `solat’ time during centralized training or during competitions.
- Athletes are advised to converse in decent languages. Obscene words are strictly prohibited.
- Smoking and gambling are strictly prohibited during training and competition, at the game venue and during traveling.
- Athletes are advised to display good ethics in public area.
- Curfew hour during centralized training and tournament is 11:00 p.m
Team Training Code
- Athletes should observe the training time laid by team coach.
- Attendance in training session is compulsory, except for certified injury from medical officers.
- Athletes are required to follow all tentative centralized programme laid by Sports and Recreational Centre. Individual training session will be recommended prior approval from team official.
- Athletes may be excused from training session prior to letter of approval from team official due to emergency cases only.
- Athletes are required to concentrate and dedicate training session full-heartedly.
- Athletes must adhere to the dress code laid down by the Students’ Discipline Rules 2004.
- All athletes are required to wear official contingent attire or IIUM shirts only.
- Alteration of official attire is strictly prohibited.
- All athletes are required to wear official tracksuit and proper shoes during opening/closing and other official ceremony. Sandals are strictly prohibited.
- Athletes are encouraged to communicate with officials but discussion on personal matter is not advisable.
- Athletes are not allowed to be at the sports officials room except to discuss matters on team preparation.
- All teams must integrate under the IIUM banner at all time. Disparity between individuals, teams and nationality is strictly prohibited.
- Athletes are expected to avoid personal relationship between male and female athletes.
The Sports and Recreational Centre have the right to bar athletes to participate in any competition or ceremony if they failure to adhere to this code.