- Doctor of History and Civilization of the European University Institute - Doctor of Philosophy, European University Institute
- Master of Human Sciences - Masters Degree, International Islamic University Malaysia
- Master of Research - Masters Degree, European University Institute
- Bachelor of Human Sciences Communication - Bachelor Degree, International Islamic University Malaysia
Olsi Jazexhiu (Dr.)
IIUM Gombak Campus
KULLIYYAH OF ISLAMIC REVEALED KNOWLEDGE AND HUMAN SCIENCES
Dr. Olsi Jazexhiu, Assistant Professor in the Department of History, Kulliyyah of Islamic Revealed Knowledge and Human Sciences is specialised in the history of nationalism, Islam and Muslim communities in post-Ottoman Europe. He has has taught history at University Aleksander Xhuvani of Elbasan and University Aleksander Moisiu of Durres in Albania (2015 - 2021) before joining the IIUM in 2021.
Olsi has been a postdoctoral researcher at York University, Toronto, Canada (2014 - 2015) and finished his PhD at the European University Institute, Florence, Italy (2011). His research, publications and investigative work covers the process of radicalisation of Muslims in Europe, issues of national identity in the Balkans, the situation of Muslim communities in Xinjiang, China and the situation of Muslim and Christian communities in Palestine / Israel.
He has served as board member of the Albanian Muslim Society of Toronto (2010 - 2012), adviser to the Chairman of the Muslim Community of Albania (2003 - 2005) and founding member of the Muslim Forum of Albania (2005).
Dr. Olsi Jazexhiu has conducted several studies that analyse the depiction of Muslims and Christians in the Balkans (Albania and Kosovo), the historical image of Turkey in the Balkans and the propagation of Islamophobia in Europe.
Area of Specialisation
- Humanities ~ Humanities ~ Philosophy ~ Islamisation of Knowledge - Uyghur Muslims in Xinjiang
- Humanities ~ Humanities ~ Historical and Civilisation Studies ~ Europe, the Mediterranean and the Levant - Islam in the Balkans
- Humanities ~ Humanities ~ Historical and Civilisation Studies ~ Europe, the Mediterranean and the Levant - History of the Ottoman Empire and the Balkans
- Humanities ~ Humanities ~ Historical and Civilisation Studies ~ Muslim Society - History of the Middle East
|FINAL YEAR PROJECT I||2021/2022|
|FINAL YEAR PROJECT II||2021/2022|
|HISTORY OF RUSSIA & MUSLIM EURASIA||2022/2023 2021/2022|
|INTRODUCTION TO HISTORY AND CIVILIZATION||2022/2023 2021/2022|
|MUSLIM NATIONS IN CONTEMPORARY HISTORY||2022/2023 2021/2022|
|OSMANLI HISTORY||2022/2023 2021/2022|
|2021||How did Israel go from Pariah to become God’s Chosen Nation in the Balkans?. The Long View, () pp. 3-5|
|2016||Albania. In: Brill, ISBN: 978-90-04-33602-5, pp. 19-33|