OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY RECTOR (ACADEMIC AND INTERNATIONALISATION)
Vision and Mission
Office of the Deputy Rector (Academic and Internationalisation)
International Islamic University Malaysia
Level 4, Muhammad Abdul-Rauf Building
P.O Box 10
50728 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : (603) - 64214018 / 4015 / 4013
Fax : (603) - 64214867
Vision and Mission
IIUM aims at becoming a leading international centre of educational excellence which:
- Revitalizes the intellectual dynamism of Islam and the Muslim Ummah;
- Integrates Islamic revealed knowledge and values in all academic disciplines and educational activities;
- Seeks to restore a leading and progressive role of the Muslim Ummah in all branches of knowledge; thereby,
- Contributing to the improvement and upgrading of the qualities of human life and civilization.
The summary of the Vision statement is:
"Inspired by the worldview of Tawhid ad the Islamic philosophy of the unity of knowledge as well as its concept of holistic education, the University aims at becoming a leading international centre of educational excellence which seeks to restore the dynamic and progressive role of the Muslim Ummah in all branches of knowledge for the benefit of all mankind.
Towards actualising the University's vision, IIUM endeavours :
- To undertake the special and greatly needed task of reforming the contemporary Muslim mentality and integrating Islamic Revealed Knowledge and Human Sciences in a positive manner.
- To produce better quality intellectuals, professionals and scholars by integrating the qualities of faith ( iman ), knowledge ( `ilm ), and good character ( akhlaq ) to serve as agents of comprehensive and balanced progress as well as sustainable development in Malaysia and in the Muslim world.
- To foster the Islamization of the ethics of Muslim academic and administrative staff of IIUM, and certain aspects of human knowledge - particularly in the social sciences and humanities - with the view to making them more useful and more relevant to the Muslim Ummah.
- To nurture the quality of holistic excellence which is imbued with Islamic moral-spiritual values, in the process of learning, teaching, research, consultancy, publication, administration and student life.
- To exemplify an international community of dedicated intellectuals, scholars, professionals, officers and workers who are motivated by the Islamic world-view and code of ethics as an integral part of their work culture.
- To enhance intercultural understanding and foster civilization dialogues in Malaysia as well as across communities and nations.
- To develop an environment which instils commitment for life-long learning and a deep sense of social responsibility among staff and students.
The summary of the Mission should read as follows:
- Internationalization; and
- Comprehensive Excellence