- Doctor of Philosophy (Political Science) - Doctor of Philosophy, IIUM Holding Sdn Bhd
- Master of Human Science (Political Science) - Masters Degree, IIUM Holding Sdn Bhd
- Bachelor of Islamic Reveled Knowledge and Heritage (Usul Al-Din and Comparative Religion) - Bachelor Degree, IIUM Holding Sdn Bhd
Abdulwahed Jalal Nori (Dr.)
IIUM Gombak Campus
KULLIYYAH OF ISLAMIC REVEALED KNOWLEDGE AND HUMAN SCIENCES
1. From 2008 to 2010, I worked as a contract lecturer at the University Utara Malaysia, Collage of Law, government and International Studies. I taught International Political Economy, Political Economy of Developed and Developing Countries, International institution & Organization, Politics of the Muslim World, Diplomacy, Research Methods in social science, Nationalism, Thinking skills and Ethic management.
2. From 2010 to 2013 visiting lecturer at the University Malaya (Academy of Islamic Studies). I taught degree and master courses such as (Introduction to political science, effective governance in Islam, Malaysian public policy and administration, International Relations in Islam, etc. I was also the main supervisor of two PhD students.
3. From September 2012 to December 2013 I was a full-time senior lecturer at Human Development University in Iraq, College of Law & Politics and part-time lecturer at the American University-Iraq. I taught courses such as (International Political economy, International Relation in Islam, & Diplomacy.
4. From 2014 to June 2019 worked as a senior analyst Social Policy at the Institute of Strategic & International Studies (ISIS-Malaysia).
5. Part-time lecturer at the International Islamic University Malaysia from 2014 to 2018.
6. Part-time lecture at the Management Science University. Supervising Master & PhD Students.
7. Currently work as an assistant professor at IIUM A. My main research interests revolve around the processes of political reform and contestation, social policy in Malaysia and the wider Southeast Asian region. I also research on international relations, democracy, culture policy, .
1- Dr. Abdul Wahed Jalal Nori. Journal of Politics and Law, Insurgency, Political Stability & Economic Performance in Post-Saddam Iraq: An Evaluation. Vol 2, No. 4, December 2009. ISSN, 1913-9047.
2- Abdul wahed Jalal Nore (2010) Power-sharing democracy in Post-Saddam Iraq. In: International Seminar, Economic Regional Development, Law and Governance in Malaysia and Indonesia, 7-9 June 2010,Universitas Islam Riau Indonesia, Pekan Baru, Riau, pp. 1-10. ISBN 9789832078425.
3- Abdul Wahed Jalal Nori (2011), New Iraq or Dark Days,The Kurdistan Tribune.
4- Abdul Wahed Jalal Nori (2011), (افتقار معظم الحكام المسلمين لخلق السماحة وتداعيات ذلك على أمن العباد والبلاد), Journal of Usuluddin, Academy of Islamic Studies, University of Malaya.
5- Abdul Wahed Jalal Nori (2012), the Kurdish Dilemma, The Kurdistan Tribune.
6- Dr. AbdulWahed Jalal Nori. Jurnal Hubungan Internasional (Journal of International Relations), Reconstructing the Iraqi Political System: The Post-Saddam Era. The Roles of the United States and the Coalitions Forces. Vol. 4 No. 2, October 2015.
7- Dr.Abdul Wahed Jalal Nori, New Straits Times, 24-2-2015, Iraq heading for partition
8- Dr.Abdul Wahed jalal Future of Iraqi Kurds Hangs in the Balance, New Straits Times, 21-4-2015.
9- Dr.Abdul Wahed Jalal Nori, Coming to terms with a nuclear Iran, New Straits Times, 30 June 2015
10- Khairia Muhamaed & AbdulWahed Jalal Nori, Journal of Public Policy & Research, Media’s Role in Strengthening the Relationship Between Political Culture and Democratic Transformation in Libya, Vol 8, No 1 (2018)
11- Abdul Wahed Jalal Nori (2012) Malaysia: Political rights and Politics of Multiculturalism. In: 2nd International Seminar on Syariah and Common Law, 6-7 March 2012 (ISCOL 2012), Faculty of Syariah and Law, University Science Islam Malaysia (USIM), Malaysia, pp. 294-301. Jilid 1. ISBN: 978-967-5852-17-6
12- Dr. AbdulWahed Jalal Nori, Rethinking National Integration and Unity, New Straits Times, 8 March 2016.
13- Dr. Abdulwahed Jalal Nori, In Pursuit of Happiness, New Straits Times, 26 June 2016.
14- Dr.Abdulwahed Jalal Nori, Daesh Bukan Jalan Singkat Ke Syurga, Utusan Melayu, 27 July 2016.
15- Dr.Abdulwahed Jalal Nori, “Elakkan campur tangan asing,” in Utusan Online, 4 November 2016.
16- Dr.AbdulWahed Jalal Nori, Weaving Strong Ties, New Straits Times, 8 November 2016.
17- Dr. Abdulwahed Jalal Nori, Restoring moral values, New Straits Times, 3-2-2017
18- Dr.AbdulWahed Jalal Nori, Aging Gracefully to 2045, New Straits Time, September 20, 2017.
19- Dr. Abdulwahed Jalal Nori, How Do We Deal With Unknowable Future, New Straits Time, February 2, 2018
20- Dr. Abdulwahed Jalal Nori, Rethinking Malaysian Youth, New Straits Time, September22, 2015
21- Dr.Abdulwahed Jalal Nori, Rethinking Our Education, New Straits Time, May 2, 2017.
22. Book: State Building Under Foreign Occupation: The Case of Iraq, 2003-2008.IIUM Printing Press, 2017.
23. Dr.Abdulwahed Jalal Nori, Seeking paradigm shift in education, New Straits Time, November 19, 2019
24.Abdulwahed Jalal Nori, Year of mass demos, violence, New Straits Time, January 4, 2020
1. UUM COLGIS Committee Member Publication from January 1st, 2010 until December 31st, 1010.UUM COLGIS Seminar Committee Member from January 1st, 2010 until December 31st, 2010.
2. UUM COLGIS Leadership Academic Development Scheme Committee from January 1st, 2010 until December 30th, 2012.
3. I was on line Academic Member of Foreign Relation Committee in Iraq from 2008 to 2009.
4. Committee member of post-graduate studies at Human development University/Sulaimanya/ Iraq.
5. Head of scientific community at Human Development University/Sulaimanya Iraq.
6. Member of KIRKHS Kulliyyah Sejahtera Committee (KSC), 2nd December 2019 to 30th Juune 2021
7. Member of Flagship of the FP09 the 3E (Empowering, Enriching & Enabling) Youth Programme.
1. The Economic Regional Development, Law & Governance in Malaysia & Indonesia: International Seminar, Jun 7-8, 2010. My paper was on (Politics and Economics in Post-Saddam Iraq).
2. Submitted a paper to Mongolian-Taiwanese joint symposium on “Security of States other than Major Powers”, 28 Jun to 3 July, 2010. My paper is on Power-Sharing Democracy in Iraq.
3. Criminalize War Conference & War Crimes Tribunal 2009 (International Conference), 28-29th of October, 2009. It was held at the Putra World Trade Centre in Kuala Lumpur.
4. Presented a full-conference paper on (Understanding and Rethinking Youth Policy in Malaysia) for the third International conference on Elections and Democracy 2017 (E & D 2017) of UNIMAS, which was held from 19 - 20 April 2017 at the Grand Margherita Hotel, Kuching, and Sarawak, organized by UNIMAS.
5. Presented a paper at The 17th Melaka International Youth Dialogue (MIYD) “Our Roles in Solving Juvenile Delinquency” that was held from 9th to 13th of July 2017 at the MITC Hotel in Melaka, Malaysia. The 17th MIYD, was organized by the World Assembly of Youth in collaboration with the Ministry of Youth and Sports (Malaysia), Melaka State Government, Asian Youth Council, Commonwealth Youth Council and Malaysian Youth Council.
Area of Specialisation
- Humanities ~ Humanities ~ Philosophy ~ Other Philosophy n.e.c.
|BASIC PHILOSOPHYAND ISLAMIC WORLDVIEW||2021/2022|
|CREATIVE THINKING AND PROBLEM SOLVING||2019/2020 2020/2021|
|ETHICS AND FIQH OF CONTEMPORARY ISSUES||2021/2022|
|FINAL YEAR PROJECT I||2020/2021|
|FINAL YEAR PROJECT II||2020/2021|
|INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS||2015/2016 2016/2017|
|KNOWLEDGE & CIVILIZATION IN ISLAM||2021/2022|
|PUBLIC RELATIONS||2015/2016 2016/2017|
|SURVEY OF ISLAMIC HISTORY & CIVILISATION (ARABIC)||2020/2021 2019/2020|
|THE ABBASID CALIPHATE||2018/2019|
|THE ISLAMIC WORLDVIEW, KNOWLEDGE AND CIVILIZATION||2019/2020|
|2018 - Present||Delineating A Framework For Child Abuse in Malaysia: A Holistic-Interactionistic Approach|
|2020||The life and political role of Kurdish women in the Ottoman Empire. IIUM JOURNAL OF RELIGION AND CIVILISATIONAL STUDIES, 3 (2) pp. 139-153|
|2020||Year of mass demos, violence. News Strait Time, () pp.|
|2019||Seeking paradigm shift in education. New Straits Times, () pp.|
|2018||Media’s role in strengthening the relationship between Political Culture and Democratic Transformation in Libya. Public Policy and Administration Research, 8 (1) pp. 16-26|
|2009||Insurgency, political stability and economic performance in post-Saddam Iraq: an evaluation. Journal of Politics and Law, 2 (4) pp. 103-114|
Conference or Workshop Item
|2021||An Epistemology of Futures studies: an Islamic Perspective. In: Symposium on the emergency and isses in Islamic Philosophy,|
|2021||Unveiling the Veiled: Unwed Teenage Pregnancy and its Impact on the Malaysian Population. In: The 13th Putrajaya International Conference On Children, Women, Elderly And Persons With Disabilities 2021,|
|2020||Child abuse in Malaysia: understanding of child abuse from cultural and familial perspective. In: Symposium on Interdisciplinary Islamic Research,|
|2020||Sounds Islamic legal system. In: Workshop on Vision 2077 For Education Cluster & Muslim Unity Cluster,|
|2020||Workshop on Vision 2077 education cluster & Islamic unity cluster. In: Workshop on Vision2077 (Education cluster & Islamic Unity,|