- Arabic Literary Studies - Doctor of Philosophy, International Islamic University Malaysia
- The Teaching of Arabic to Non-Arabic Speakers - Masters Degree, International Islamic University Malaysia
- International Law - Bachelor Degree, Qadi Ayad University- Marakech - Morocco
Khalid Chtaibi (Dr.)
IIUM Pagoh Campus
KULLIYYAH OF LANGUAGES AND MANAGEMENT
Curriculum Vitae: Dr. Khalid Chtaibi
Personal Details Name: Khalid Chtaibi Current Address: S2D 7-5/ One Ampang Avenue South View, Jalan Ampang Utama 2/1, 68000, Ampang, Kuala Lumpur- Malaysia Date of birth: 15th May 1971 Marital Status: Married, 3 children Nationality: Morocco E-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org Hand phone No: (0060) 193746643 Office phone No: (0060) 3-42785008 Qualifications 2017: PHD in Linguistics, majoring Translation (Arabic-English) Awarded by the International Islamic University Malaysia- IIUM (2012-2017). 2009-2012: Certificates & Diplomats from Workshops, Courses & Seminars in Translation, Media, Management, Leadership and Communication Skills at the Malaysian News Agency (BERNAMA)- KL, Malaysia. 2008: Masters in Education, majoring Teaching Arabic as Second language, awarded by IIUM- Malaysia. 2004: Higher Diploma in English language skills (EPT)- IIUM. 2001: Diploma in Teaching Methods from Morocco 2000: Diploma in computer programmes 1999: Diploma in Media (Arabic- French) 1998: Bachelor Degree in Law from Cadi Ayyad University- Morocco, option: International Law. 1989: High School Certificate (Baccalaureate) from the New Secondary School- Morocco.
Current Positions · Assistant Professor, Lecturer at the International Islamic University Malaysia- IIUM / www.iium.edu.my Lecturing the following subjects: - Translation Studies and Skills (English-Arabic and vice versa). - Applied Linguistics - Interpersonal Communication - Teaching Methods of Arabic Language for Specific Purposes. · Researcher, Certified Translator and Interpreter (English-Arabic-French), Freelance Media Correspondent and Writer.
Working Experience - (2012- 2021) Executive Director, Lecturer and Trainer of Translation (English- Arabic- French), Media & Communication Skills at Vision International Academy- Ampang- Kuala Lumpur. www.viacademy.com
- 2012-2016: Reporter and Translator of the International Islamic News Agency (IINA) http://www.iinanews.org/
- 2007-2012: Journalist, translator & Trainer at the Malaysian News Agency- BERNAMA/ www.bernama.com
- 2008- 2009: - Media, Marketing & PR Consultant at Golden Corporate Heritage/ KL (Part time).
- 2007: Media & Political Consultant, Translation & PR Department Head in Oman Embassy, KL-Malaysia
- 2006- 2007: Chief Editor of “Ahlan Press”- Arabic Newspaper based in KL – Arabic & French Tutor (Part- time).
- 2005- 2006: Translator, Reporter and Editor in the International Institute of Muslim Unity (IIMU) at IIUM- Malaysia. - English Tutor (Part- time).
- 2003 – 2005: Freelance Translator- Teaching Arabic language the French School in KL, Malaysia (Part-time).
- 2003 – 2005: Freelance Translator- Teaching French in Horizon School – Kuala Lumpur.
- 2001 – 2003: Freelance Translator (from French and Italian to Arabic) - Teaching Arabic-French-Italian at private centers in Damascus – Syria. - 1997 – 2001: Editor and Correspondent for various newspapers and magazines in Morocco.
- 1996 – 2000: Teaching Arabic and French languages in Morocco.
Activities - Reviewer & Assessor at the International Young Scholars Journal of Languages (IYSJL)- KLM/ IIUM. - Founder of the Arabic Culture Association in Malaysia- ACAM - Member and Representative of the World Arab Translators and Linguists Association (WATA) in Malaysia. - Certified Translator and Interpreter in International Conferences and Workshops, e.g. IIMU, OIC, JUST World, ISIS, ARADO, WATA etc. - Committee Referee & Member of the Debating Club in IIUM/ The best Debater in IIUM (2006).
Hard-working, committed, reliable, tolerant and ambitious.
Effective communication and negotiation skills with influence and advocacy.
Systematic, creative & strategic thinking, Team work building and management.
Languages Proficiency Arabic: Mother tongue/ Native proficiency (Excellent skills) English: Second language/ very good skills French: Third language/ Good skills Italian: Medium Malay: Basic
Published Articles ·
Linguistic Studies and Their Contributions to The Formation of Translation Theory ·
Dynamic Equivalence and Its Role in Achieving Translation Fidelity ·
The Impact of Covid 19 on Private Language and Training Centres in Malaysia- Vision International Academy as a Case of Study ·
The Role of Digital Media in Developing the Reading Skill: A Case Study of BERNAMA Arabic Site ·
The role of the common vocabulary between Arabic and Malay languages in facilitating the learning of Arabic as a second language ·
Using Electronic Dictionary in learning Arabic for non-native speakers- · Faculty of Languages and Management- IIUM
ISSUE Book Book PHD Thesis Master Research
Title of Publication Expatriate Memories in Malaysia Professional Translation Skills (Arabic- English) Acceptability Of Media Translation Between Theory And Practice: A case Study of Translated News At BERNAMA Arab Site The Effectiveness of Arabic Debating Club in Promoting Communication Skills at IIUM.
Date June 2018 Nov 2017 May 2017 March 2007
Psychology difficulties in teaching Arabic to foreigners: obstacles and solutions.
The essential Schools of the Arabic Grammar
Political Asylum Phenomenon
The Role of United Nations in Protecting Human Rights.
Hobbies: 1- Translating and reading. 2- Educator in cultural- educational and sociable Associations in Morocco and Malaysia. 3- Cultural events and ceremonies (MC) 4- Writing literary items, media articles and researches 5 – Sports and Learning languages
Referees 1- Prof. Dr. Majdi Ibrahim- IIUM (ISESCO) 0060129030981 2- Dr. Abdul Rahman Bin Chick- IIUM 0060193792159 3- Dato Zulkefli Saleh- BERNAMA GM: 0060193821906
Area of Specialisation
- Humanities ~ Humanities ~ Linguistics and Literature ~ Translation and Interpretation Studies - Translation Skills (English-Arabic)
- Social Science ~ Social Science ~ Education ~ Language Literacy (Including English (TESOL, ESL, TEFL) and other Languages) - Teaching Arabic as Second Language and For Specific Purposes
- Humanities ~ Humanities ~ Linguistics and Literature ~ Applied Linguistics - Applied Linguistics
|APPLIED LINGUISTICS||2022/2023 2021/2022|
|ASP TEACHING METHODS||2021/2022|
|FINAL YEAR PROJECT||2022/2023 2021/2022|
|INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION||2023/2024 2022/2023|
|INTRODUCTION TO INTERNATIONAL COMMUNICATION||2022/2023|
|SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT: ISSUES, PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICES||2023/2024 2022/2023|
|TRANSLATION STUDIES||2023/2024 2022/2023 2021/2022|
|USRAH IN ACTION 1||2022/2023|
|2023 - Present||Training Teachers and Students to Use Arabic Debating Art to Develop Speaking and Communication Skills in Perlis State|
|2022 - Present||Translation Studies and Skills (English-Arabic and vice versa)/ Course Text Book|
Award & Recognition
|30 Jul, 2023||Usrah in Action Instructor Appreciation - KLM-IIUM||KCDIO|
|30 Jul, 2023||Best Teaching Award- KLM- IIUM - KLM- IIUM||KCDIO|
|20 May, 2022||APPOINTMENT as the REGIONAL MANAGER OF ARTA IN MALAYSIA and SOUTH EAST ASIA - Arab Translators Association- ARTA||International|
|07 Apr, 2022||Appointment as Arabic Debate Trainer at KLM - KLM- IIUM||International|
|15 Dec, 2011||Appreciation as Interpreter - University Tenaga National and ARADO organisation||International|
|25 Jun, 2011||Appreciation from Egyptian Embassy in Malaysia and Oman Journalists Association - Egyptian Embassy in Malaysia and Oman Journalists Association||International|